Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 14, 2017, 07:22:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is it  (Read 475 times)
rkillmon

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2017, 07:10:03 PM »

1976 MCI 5B challenger

I found a mechanism that is on the inside, on the floor, driver's side, 6 feet behind the driver.
I tried to upload the picture but too large, how can I upload the picture?
Is marine plywood the best to replace floors?

Thanks

Rick
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 07:48:15 AM by rkillmon » Logged

1976 MCI 5B challenger
Gary Hatt - Publisher BCM
Publisher - BCM
Help Team

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 07:28:10 PM »

You have to make the photo smaller with a photo editor program.  Or you can put the photo online in another photo viewer and post the link.  Unfortunately we do not have the server space to allow high resolution photos at this point.

1967 Eagle with Series 60 Power Plant
Gary@BusConversions.com
chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 04:10:40 AM »

Could you, at least put the make and model of your coach in your particulars? Thanks. If a GMC, they have a part of the HVAC in a screened box in that location. I'd need to look it up in my manuals to be specific. BTW, welcome to the board!

GMC h8h 649#028 (4905)
Pennsylvania-central
brmax

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 04:13:22 AM »

Not sure what the mechanisim might be, although if you could mention the model of the Coach it would be an advantage.
If your using a desk or laptop the photo veiwer you use generally has a resize photo option. This normally just makes another copy and at a size you want.  With that it may show the size in ( kb ) when you mouse over the newly resized picture. You will want it to be 125 kb, some sites may go a bit higher at 180 but this is just the new way these days since about 10years or more really.
I think on the main board page is an practice page also, just for experimenting. But hey if it is 125 kb its cool, but it should be a good photo as that small can be tough to view. If your using a phone there are some other options many use really well. I will let others steer that one.
Just a tip on your personal page, it can allow one to put some information below in their post. This would always be in every post you make, so a great place for your coach information you think or want others to know or benefit from.
I would agree the marine plywood is the tops, and at a 60-70 per sheet no small decision. I believe most use in replacement scenarios the tounge & groove in best they can find, and likely half the marine grade price. I think after cutting any to width a paint coat on the two side end edges would be a smart thing. Many may use a thin barrier between the wood and the metal structure.

Good day
Floyd

1992 MC9
6V92
Allison
randsgmc5302

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 07:36:50 AM »

The first line states the make model and year.

bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 08:06:38 AM »

It's probably part of the fresh air intake for the stock heating and cooling system.  There should be a matching vent intake high on the side wall on the outside, just under the window.  One on both sides.

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia
dtcerrato

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 01:11:40 PM »

Marine ply is pricey, if you can locate pressure treated ply it is indestructible to rot....

Dan & Sandy
PD4104-129 since 1979
chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 02:16:39 PM »

Yes, it's pricey, but were only talking 9 sheets total if the whole floor was replaced. I also believe that that plywood is 1 inch or slightly more thick.Treated won't rot as easily but it has fewer plys and is less rigid.

GMC h8h 649#028 (4905)
Pennsylvania-central
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: