Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 12:59:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for Battery Experts  (Read 597 times)
scanzel

Ignore
« on: February 01, 2007, 03:34:59 PM »

My company just replace 40 batteries in our UPS withnewer ones. There are 10 batteries that were replaced within the last year. They are AGM made by C&D Technologies UPS12-370FR 100AH  20hr rate to 1.75 vpc @ 77 degrees F. Since I am just getting started on my conversion I need to know if I should pick these up tp use. My plans are for a basic 120v refrig 10 to 12 cubic ft, propane stove and oven, Proheat X45 12v heat, two split mini air systems 120v and some misc other basic electrical items.I have a Kohler 9kw rv diesel generator and will use  a Xantrex inverter. No sure of which one yet. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.  Smiley Smiley

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 04:41:44 PM »

The type of batteries for UPS service are primarily designed for float service and have a limited number of deep discharges. Having said that, several people have indicated that they have used them for several years very successfully. I would take them and use them if it were me.

This is a link to the Help board where several links are posted. Scroll down  to the links regarding batteries:

Click Here for Favorite Links

ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS AND BATTERIES
CAR AND DEEP CYCLE BATTERY FAQ    This consumer oriented FAQ contains answers and information about lead-acid batteries used to start car, motorcycle, truck, boat, recreational vehicle (RV), power sports, motor home, tractor and other engines.
BATTERIES--AND OTHER ELECTRIC STUFF   12VDC electricity first. 120VAC electricity follows. This starts with the basics then gradually gets more advanced, with more extensive tests and interpretations.
Bus Conversion Electrical Systems   My Goal in writing this note is to help you design an optimized bus electrical system, and to help you avoid common mistakes in your systems that will limit performance, or create hazards.
Deep Cycle Batteries FAQ's  This FAQ assumes a 12-volt, six cell, negative grounded, lead acid battery found in most recreational applications in North America.  For six-volt batteries, divide the voltage by two; for eight-volt batteries, divide by 1.5; for 24-volt batteries, double the voltage.
Connecting Batteries & Chargers 
These are just a few of the places you can read up on batteries & related items. There is lots more to batteries than just using them. If you treat 'em right, they can last a long, long time. Abuse them & you will be constantly replacing them.

Richard

« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 04:52:21 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: