Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 16, 2017, 01:23:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Power Tech vs Onan generators ?  (Read 748 times)
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 12:10:43 PM »

I have seen many advertized on the RV rendering & parts places.. 7500 to 8500 and up for $6500.00 and up.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
President Western GM Coach chapter FMCA
flynbanjo

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 05:49:53 PM »

Have you looked into companies like Soundown and considered adding sound damping material to the compartment.  We lined our generator area with a noise damping fire resistant material that seems to help. 

Steven
81 MCI MC9
Hudson, Florida
Scott & Heather
Scott & Heather's buses: MCI-9 & MCI-102

MCI-9 & MCI-102

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 06:11:11 PM »

I have a silly number of hours on my twin Honda EU3000is gensets. Well over 2,000 hours by now. They run nonstop for 3 solid months when we are on our national tour...never had a hiccup. Scared though, they arenít rated for this abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI 9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise (SOLD)
1992 MCI 102C3 8v92-turbo with 8 inch roof raise CURRENT HOME
Click link for 900 photos of our 1st bus conversion:
https://goo.gl/photos/GVtNRniG2RBXPuXW9
jmblake
Jason & Martha Blake

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2017, 06:12:51 PM »

Dan: I have seen them at that price also, but at that price I would add another 1800.00 to it and have a brand new one with a warranty. If I would buy used I don't think I would go over 5g just for the fact of not knowing how it was maintained plus having to travel or pay shipping to pick it up. People can make them look pretty in the picture then when you get there to pick it up and see it in person and it was 5 or 6 hours just to get there, I'll pass Wink

Steven: I was looking at some sound dampening material that someone else suggested and that's a possibility that I'll have to wait and see how much room I have left, I actually thought but don't know if it would work is to add it to the outside of the generators enclosure instead of making another enclosure.
Jason

jmblake
Jason & Martha Blake

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2017, 06:18:01 PM »

Scott: That's a lot of use for sure. I just don't want to spend 6 - 7g on something with 700 - 1000 hours even though that's low for a diesel but it maybe only had the oil changed once or twice. I quess I'm not that big of a gambler Grin
Jason

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: