Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 11:40:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Curved glass windshield delivery tricks or help?  (Read 1981 times)
Casper4104

Ignore
« on: April 27, 2006, 04:24:15 AM »

Hey fellers,

I've talked to the nice people at Curved Glass Dist. up in connecticut, and they have the windshield I need for my bus.  The cost will be $130 for the windshield, and $120 for freight to Marietta Ohio (to a business with a loading dock no less, delivery to my house would be even more), and that just sucks. Angry

Does anybody know any tricks for getting this done cheaper?

Does anybody in the OH/WV/WesternPA area want to order something too and split the freight charge?

Is anybody coming west out of new england this summer?

I know I'll probably have to either bite the bullet and pay it, or take a long weekend trip to Yankeeland and pick it up myself, which could be fun.  If anybody knows a shortcut or is coming this way and can help I'd sure like to hear about it.

Thanks,

Casper PD4104-3103

If a half a hen lays a half an egg in a half a day - how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 05:14:39 AM »

One of the bus groups had a rally in Marietta last year at the Riverboat festival I believe. I have not heard if they are coming back this year or not. If they do, and if you can wait that long that might be an answer.
Wish I had known a couple of weeks ago. My SIL just made a run up to Boston to pick up a pickup truck he bought on e-Bay.
BTW I am 50 miles south of Marietta.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
belfert

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 05:42:18 AM »

Driving to pick up your windshield wouldn't make much sense unless you have another reason to go that way. It would cost you at least $120 for fuel plus more for any tolls by my figuring.  A lot more for fuel if you drive a bus instead of a pickup or SUV.  It would also take a very long day to get there and back.

Brian Elfert
Casper4104

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 06:39:08 AM »

Hi Brian,

Marietta OH to Derby CT round trip would be close to $300 fuel cost.

I agree that driving up there just to get the windshield would make no sense - but a 4 day weekend/mini-vacation might.† We bought the bus to travel, find the real america and all that.† We're pretty young people, and we've got years and years of Bussin' to do if we choose.† We'll probably cover most of the continent - Connecticut is as good a place to start as any.

York PA is just about on the way, and I've wanted to do the Harley-Davidson factory tour for years.† This could be my big chance.

Thanks for the reply,

Casper4104

If a half a hen lays a half an egg in a half a day - how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?
phil4501

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 07:08:00 AM »

Buy two, I can usually get 2 shipped for the same price if they are the same and they nest.† Right and left art interchangable and nothing makes a windshield last longer than a waiting spare. If your local glass shop has one available locally, it will still be $250.00 There aren't that many of these around right now and the price is likley to go up within the year. There are about 12 that I know of left in the country and the price always goes up after a new production run. I am in the business and thats a good price.

Duncin Systems has a warehouse in Elkhart, Indiana. They carry them too, but like I said there arn't alot of these around right now. I thought that Curved glass was out of stock too, so keep in mind I have been wrong before.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 07:21:46 AM by phil4501 » Logged
akroyaleagle

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 10:11:24 AM »

The last windshields I bought for the Eagle were $102.95 each from Translite in NYC. I bought a dozen and they paid the freight to Phoenix.

I am at work but if you need the phone number let me know.

Joe Laird
'78 Eagle
Huron, South Dakota
Tom Dupre

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 04:22:03 PM »

I just had to replace one of mine after a kid popped it with a sligshot. Luke has them for $165.00, about $180.00 in freight all the way to Yuma. Duncan systems quoted me $603.00 Shocked, + $180 frt, + $175.00 install. I don't think so scooter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: