Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 09:43:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW EAGLE BUS - WHAT DO YOU THINK? NOW LOCKED!  (Read 13300 times)
BusCrazyinFL

Ignore
« on: February 02, 2007, 05:05:19 PM »

Has anyone been following the progress on the new Eagles?  They just posted a picture of the bus with the wheels on...What do you think?   Check it out:   http://www.silvereaglebus.com/
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 03:19:14 AM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 05:11:55 PM »

The one in the picture is obviously a conversion shell. Until they establlish a reputation, they will probably have more luck selling shells for entertainer coaches than to line haul or charter companies.
belfert

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 05:25:37 PM »

To my eyes that hardly looks like an Eagle.  It may just be the camera angle.  I sure hope the look improves by the time production on that unit is done.  It looks ugly right now.

The Eagle would probably be my choice for a new shell if I had the money.  I really like the Torsilastic suspension in my Dina, but Dinas are not available new.

Brian Elfert
Green-Hornet

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 05:51:55 PM »

It does need a bit of color Wink
Surprised they rushed it to the front page without being complete Huh
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 05:53:30 PM »

I will be curious to see how they do.

It is Ugly......in my opinion Eagles have only got more ugly over time....with attempts to keep up with updates from other companies.

Wonder if they are using cheap rust the next day steel?

I think unless they are quite a bit cheaper than MCI and Prevost they will be a hard sell with no dealer network, no service centers, and really no companies around with eagle experience mechanics anymore ( I know there are a couple around)

big gamble with alot of money on a guy whose experience is in horse buggies ( literally)

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 06:13:35 PM »

I really do not care for the look of it either. It is one of four designs and is called the New Generation. The Classic Design shown here is much more to my liking:
Classis Entertainer "Model 15"
Models being produced:
Eagle Model 15 - 102" Wide - 38'  40' or 45' Lengths (Classic Design)
Eagle Model 20 -   96" Wide - 38'  40' or 45' Lengths (Classic Design)
Eagle Model 25 - Entertainer  102" Wide - 45' Length (New Generation)
Eagle Model 25 - House Car   102"  40' or 45' Length (New Generation)
Richard
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 06:20:48 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
belfert

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 06:34:39 PM »

The "Classic" pictures are of older Eagles.  The production units may/may not look the same.  I don't think a unit has been completed yet to take a picture of.

Silver Eagle Bus is probably posting pictures to prove they really do have a product in production although they seem to be REALLY slow.

Brian
John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 09:01:39 PM »

Classis Entertainer "Model 15" Huh

I hope they are better at building a bus than they are at designing a web page. I wonder if they ever heard of spell check?

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 09:02:07 PM »

slow probably because they are out of money already......and can't pay the guys to finish it.

they have had the chassi/body sitting on the floor pic on for several months

captain ron

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 09:14:40 PM »

Although I loved the old classic Eagles They have had their hay day and unfortunately todays entertainers are hell bent and bound to travel around in big new Prevosts. Status thing. They may have a small chance at the conversion market if their product is really good and really cheap. but I would say not much there either.  Kind of like Indian Motorcycles been out of the game too long didn't last too long last time around.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 11:50:56 PM »

My dollar in the pool  goes to:

within 2 years company is no longer making buses if still in business at all
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 11:56:01 PM »

1. no dealer network
2. no service network
3. no parts network
4. no history making buses ( new company, no bus people)
5. entertainer coaches are rarely owned by the entertainer......and the people that own them have gone to prevost, they aint coming back
6. they are going to cost near what a MCi/Prevost will i am sure
7. all you freinds will sscrew with you calling it a horse buggy
8. It won't be sold to bus comapnies because they have to build 2 or three to send to the feds for testing for a few years....then they can selll them as     buses.

will go to the same place Indian Motorcycles, excelsior henderson, Norton and all other new  companies with old names go to.

FILE 13
Dreamscape

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 04:31:37 AM »

I think we should give the company a chance. It has taken a lot for them to get this far, and I am sure there will be some bumps.

As a proud Eagle Owner, I would like them to do well. It will take time, and lots of money, if they are serious about getting into the market.

I wish them GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FORTUNE!

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
JerryH

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 07:06:55 AM »

Here's my $0.02.

First, I do hope that the principals of Silver Eagle can make a go of it.

So, some observations …

a)  The coach needs more attention to the front and rear caps.  Way too boxy – just doesn’t look right.

b)  Don’t like proportions of the side windows.  Proportion in virtually everything designed is a key element.  I personally think that their window proportions need to be revisited.

c)  Beyond the bus—although some might NOT think it key … they should seek a web designer to work on their site.  With a newly introduced product (or “re—introduced” product), image is key.  Their site doesn’t present the best “professional” image and showcase their prototype bus in its best light.  I wouldn’t post an image of a uncompleted bus.

d)  “Who” IS their target buyer?  Is it the converter … will it be a tour operator?  I think tour operator would be a reach.  They’ll stick with the MCI’s, Prevost’s and  VanHools, as they have a nationwide service and support system.  I think, regardless of the market they’re going after; they’re going to have to really make the bus cost-effective.  If the selling price offers no significant savings over a new MCI or Prevost, it’ll be tough, if not impossible to sell their product.

e)  I’d go after the Limo bus conversion market.  Freightliners with their “XB” (http://www.freightlinerchassis.com/pdf/cb/xb_specs.pdf) series are providing a platform for limo bus mfg’s.  If they can offer (again) a cost-effective alternative to the pricier Prevosts/MCIs and a better quality option over the “XB” direction, that’d (possibly) be great for then.  You need to get the ball rolling and get “something” sold.  Reading: http://busmag.com/PDF/Craftsmen.pdf.  Reading:  http://www.craftsmenlimousine.com/HTMs/LimBusine%2045.htm.

f)  The entertainer coach option?  Again, they need to provide a sound, quality and attractive shell for (much) less for it to be considered.  I think that market will be an uphill trek, but not “impossible”.  I think, if that want this market, they’ll need to create some attractive programs for the converters/operators/owners.

Just my thoughts,
Jerry H.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 08:30:05 AM by JerryH » Logged
captain ron

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 08:11:28 AM »

I think they may have a chance if they decided to go with a vertical market plan. Like make the buses toy box haulers for rich motorcycle enthusiast, or heavily sponsered race teams ie: motor cross, stunt teams, mini sprint, world of outlaws, drag bike racers.
but their best chance of survival I think they should get into the parts business  and make updated parts for the buses that are still on the road. Or trying to get back on the road.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: