Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 01:43:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW EAGLE BUS - WHAT DO YOU THINK? NOW LOCKED!  (Read 13000 times)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 09:03:26 AM »

I like it.  It is certainly less boxy than a VanHool.  I'd like to see the Classic 38ft x 102.  My guess is that it is a two axle.  And judging the fact that my transit has a 36,000gvw and weighs fully loaded in road ready form at 31,000lb I don't see the nead for the tag axle.  That space can be used for more storage.  Granted it may provide more braking and possibly stability, but my bus handles just fine as far as I'm concerned.  Wait and see. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 10:16:49 AM »

My vote goes to the "I'm proud of them for taking a chance"! It takes some pretty big "nuggets" to attempt something like that and I"m proud of them for doing so. I truely hope they can make a go of it regardless of the path they choose. They don't have to be a dynasty to be successful.

Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
           Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 10:48:51 AM »

they will be successful and cheap if they use the local illegal labor
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 08:46:58 AM »

Good point.  Sad

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 02:46:16 PM »

i agree with earlier comments.  the new style looks a little boxy and the windows are small compared to the rest.  However, they must have the nuggets to do what their doin and i hope all goes well.  Just the name won't get them in the door, but there is a lot of money to be made just servicing the Eagles that exist, and encouraging the brand.  Personally, i like mine better than theirs.  Let's hope their Eagle doesn't become a Turkey.

i hope they continue in some form and become a better bus than some of the more snooty brands.  Busnuts are down to Earth.  Eagles (and some MCI's) fit.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2007, 03:04:45 PM »

To bad we won't be able to eat that turkey.

I think they have a factory "raised roof" but did not lower the windows for some reason..

they are going after a very small market 9 entertainer and conversion coaches....and as I said earlier, they won't be selling to any of the entertainer leasing comanies becasue they are not passing the bus federal testing at least I have heard nothing of them sending a few to the test center.

and for what I expect the prrice to be, I would never risk it over a MCI or prevost.

should make for a great case study in a business school in a few years.

Agree,huge nuggets  but not much sense

Eagle78550
Above All... Eagle

93 Eagle 15-45

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 11:56:10 AM »

Aa a loyal Eagle owner and Texan, I have had the pleasure of visiting the factory and talking to Craig at great lenghth about the new Eagle . I do not know why tekebird is being negative, I would expect that from a Prevost guy but not a GMC busnut....The new Model 25 is a little different from a traditional Model 15 but all coaches have changed in the last 10 years since Eagle went down. I have seen the 25 up close and personal and it reminds me of what Ford did to the Mustang....retro yet new tech. I also can tell you that Mr.Hanloh's background is not in horse buggies, but in NHRA and off road chassis...and he has a good grasp on what is right with the Eagle as well as what is wrong ...I did not see any illegal labor working on the coach, but did talk to several ex-Eagle employees who were excited that the legend lives on. If you ask any old bus driver ( especially the entertainer drivers ) whay they would rather drive/ride on , almost all will say EAGLE. The Eagle bus is just to good to let die....as soon as they finish the new Model 25 and it is out for the entertainer tour bus market Prevost sales will plummet ....I for one am very excited that the Eagle is back ...hand made one at a time ...only in America.
We as Americans and bus nuts should be proud that Craig and his group have the "nuggets" to bring back a legend like Eagle .       
Dreamscape

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 12:17:09 PM »

How refreshing to see a post that was well thought out and presented with facts.
Aa a loyal Eagle owner and Texan, I have had the pleasure of visiting the factory and talking to Craig at great lenghth about the new Eagle . I do not know why tekebird is being negative, I would expect that from a Prevost guy but not a GMC busnut....The new Model 25 is a little different from a traditional Model 15 but all coaches have changed in the last 10 years since Eagle went down. I have seen the 25 up close and personal and it reminds me of what Ford did to the Mustang....retro yet new tech. I also can tell you that Mr.Hanloh's background is not in horse buggies, but in NHRA and off road chassis...and he has a good grasp on what is right with the Eagle as well as what is wrong ...I did not see any illegal labor working on the coach, but did talk to several ex-Eagle employees who were excited that the legend lives on. If you ask any old bus driver ( especially the entertainer drivers ) whay they would rather drive/ride on , almost all will say EAGLE. The Eagle bus is just to good to let die....as soon as they finish the new Model 25 and it is out for the entertainer tour bus market Prevost sales will plummet ....I for one am very excited that the Eagle is back ...hand made one at a time ...only in America.
We as Americans and bus nuts should be proud that Craig and his group have the "nuggets" to bring back a legend like Eagle .       
I too have heard the same thoughts regarding the Great Eagle Ride over the other brands.
Thanks for sharing such positive information regarding this company.
I also have been in contact with them and have found them to be excited bringing back the Classic Eagle.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape

Proud to own a Classic Eagle
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 01:26:01 PM »

Ok let me chime in if I may!

I would agree to everything the guy that calls himself Eagle78550 says and I applaud him for the positive post and information BUT... to think that a person that owns a prevost would say the things that Tekebird has been saying is wrong! I own a prevost and I'm not being negatived about the NEW Eagle. I have owned one and would probably still own one if I hadn't the opportunity to purchase a Prevost. As you said the ride is great! The looks are as good as any out there and I commend the people who I DON'T know that have the big kahuna's for keeping the Eagle legend alive. The only reason other than the opportunity to own a Prevost was the lack of, or scarcity (sp) of parts for my old Eagle. I loved everything about it!

I too was ashamed to see such negative responses from T-bird and coming from someone that owns a Gm at that! What first hand knowledge does he have of the Eagle? He already has been wrong about the horse and buggy history! Maybe he is thinking of another coach builder somewhere!

Anyway, I agree to the going forward of those in Texas at the Eagle plant and my hat is off to them but don't hold all negative attitudes from Prevost owners to what you may think! Yes I'm proud to own a Prevost but that's about it! I'm NOT a Prevost Proud Owner if you know what I mean?

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 01:28:12 PM »

I second Ace's comments.  Just becuase I own a prevost does not mean I would bad mouth Eagle. 

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Eagle78550
Above All... Eagle

93 Eagle 15-45

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2007, 01:54:34 PM »

I apologize to you Prevost guys ...I did not mean any ill will ...I just am a little perturbed at a GMC guy bad mouthing Eagle ....The GMC nuts and the Eagle nuts have always been kin, and I was a little taken back by his comments ...the friendly rivalry between the Eagle guys and the Prevost guys ...and not to mention the MCI guys has always been fun ...I meant no offense. We are all bus nuts and that is really what matters.....

Remember if it's not a Eagle...it's just a bus !! LOL !!
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2007, 03:07:52 PM »

To Clairfy things

1. I was not badmouthing the Eagle.  The were at a time a very good coach.....prior to going to Mexico where they would build start wiring at the back with white wire with black trace and run out of that spool half way up the coach and would splice in whatever they had......with no documentation for the new owner.....they are a nice riding coach although I have not owned one or driven one I have driven a Flx Flxliner which also has Torsilastic suspension as well as the MCi F3500 which has both air and Torsilastic

2. I may have been misinformed about the Owners background.....but building NHRA dragsters is nothing kin to building buses for profit.....

3. what I was commenting on is his balls for doing it and his lack of understanding the market.  There is no way that Prevost sales will plummet......as I said 80% of Entertainer coaches out there are owned by leasing companies......which are responsible for the maint of these coaches.....and they are not going to buy into a unknown........

4. I am not saying this guy can't or 2won't build a good unit but he has and won't have infrastructure/support for some time.

5. I have not been to the factory but have sent Craig emails, which were not returned or returned quite late....and this is prior to them actually building anything

6. His website sucks.....it's that simple.......if I was looking to drop 300k on a shell I would not be inpressed

7. Just because I am a GM owner does not mean I cannot see the forrest for the trees........send this case study to any business schhool and they would say the guy is going to not make a go of it........that said I hope he does.

8. History has shown people who are not knowledgable in an industry who find themselves running one often fail

Ex Excelsior henderson.....motorcycles...they hired some Car guys...company fails shortly.
    Greyhound........hire a donut guy.......company has failed, although still in buisiness.

9, Would I like GM to start making buses again......yep....will they....nope because they know getting back into the market is about impossible.....heck they only reason they stayed in it as long as they did is because they had Greyhound as a steady buyer......once greyhound bought MCI.....and ramped up production to meet thier needs........No more GM Coaches....Oh another factor was the anti trust suit on GM for National City Lines, which they owned........thus bought only GM buses.....  Ref, the anti trust suits involving Greyhound and GM

10, Don't be ashamed on my comments.....they are mine and I am certainly not ashamed of them nor will I appoligize.  However in 10 years when he has even 10% of the market you all can make me eat Crow

luvrbus

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2007, 03:43:59 PM »

The Eagle group is going to have a rally at the plant in Apr and maybe we can get some questions answered at that time I think that he knows where his sales market is going to be he's not a dummy
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2007, 03:59:27 PM »

I have yet to see any advertising...anyone see any?

I think he knows what his market is demographically....thats simple.......but is he going to sell them is the question.

Anybody know what his expected production rate is?  Units per year.

did he send one to be tested by the feds yet?  Actually I think it is three that you never get back......Bus or not it has to be tested to get a VIN.

more power to him.....and best of luck

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2007, 04:17:49 PM »

Tekebird,
I too have emailed Craig with no response! I offered to test run the first dozen or so 45' passanger units for him and keep accurate records and give him a tremendous amount of feedback on the product! All I asked was for them to call when the first 1 was ready and tell me where to pick it up! I also asked that since they are new to the market that they cover the insurance and any/all parts needed to keep them on the road! I'll provide drivers, fuel, and passangers! (on a side note, anybody wanna drive a nice new eagle charter bus? We'll pay meals,rooms, and expenses. You'l get the bragging rights of driving such a fine vehicle as a part of an all volunter test group! Sounds great doesn't it? Call me!). With such great offers on the table I can't understand why my phones not ringing off the hook! LOL!
BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: