Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 08:18:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW EAGLE BUS - WHAT DO YOU THINK? NOW LOCKED!  (Read 13005 times)
cody

« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2008, 02:25:45 PM »

Tekebird, everyone knows how you feel, is it really necessary for you to continually state it over and over?  You sound like a parrot lol.  You've shot yourself in the foot on the bus ownership issues tho, songman is right, most artists usually lease at the beginning and if they start to make a name normally they buy, I've been involved in the music industry since the middle 70's in one manner of another, I've been a sound engineer for a few of the best, even thru out the time frame I worked for the state I still maintained contact with my friends and the great majority of them own their buses.  I do know a handfull that lease but the great majority do own theirs.  We realize how tramatic it would be for you if eagle did well, you've piled up an aweful lot of crow to eat if that were to happen.  I'm sorry for all the bird references lol, but this constant eagle bashing just doesn't fit my craw.  oops sorry again lol.
Songman

« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2008, 11:29:18 PM »

Doug, nobody started attacking you simply because you left. If you look at the chronology, people started attacking you while you were still here. The fact that you left has nothing to do with it. The fact that people are growing more and more tired of EVERY Eagle thread being ripped apart by you has everything to do with it. But I really don't think any of us need to wait for you to leave to do it. I think people are just now hitting the threshold where it is getting really annoying.

Others have pointed out that the shape the economy is in right now probably has a lot to do with Eagle being behind on their timeframe. But obviously, such things are below a man of your means so you probably didn't even notice. BTW - you're beloved MCI is filing bankruptcy in case you missed that jewel as well.

Again, let me congratulate you on never being behind on a project. You are indeed a miracle man. All the rest of us have real world hurdles we have to deal with that might make us run behind. I was 15 minutes late today just trying to drive to L.A.. I can't imagine what it must be like to try to resurrect a legendary bus in just two years in a depressed economy. But I hope if I ever do undertake such a lofty project that I will have someone just like you there wishing for my failure and constantly pointing out my problems no matter how small. You are an inspiration to us all.

Thanks Cody for verifying what I said. Doug knew that I didn't say that EVERYONE owned their buses. but that most leased when they were starting out but bought when they achieved any amount of success. He just had to rearrange the words a bit so he could appear to be right.

And yes, Doug, obviously there are a lot of us who do find it interesting that Eagle is being reborn, at whatever pace Craig and the gang can get it done. That is why there is so much fodder on here for your constant attacks.

I apologize to everyone else on here for sounding like such a hard @$#, but why should Doug be the only one who doesn't have to care whose feelings he steps on? And yes, Doug, please do start your corporation. Sink every bit of money that you have into a project trying to resurrect something from the ground up. And see how it feels when the rest of us belittle every move you make and even when you do have small successes, we change our tune just enough to keep you a failure. Then you might understand what you are doing to the folks at Eagle.
Dreamscape

« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2008, 03:54:07 AM »

Us Eagle Owners are pretty sensitive and protective on our chosen coach, just like owners of MCI, Prevost and GMC. Along with Setra and others. (I almost forgot, sorry BK!).

How many Eagle Owners are posting here on this board? Not as many who own them that's for sure. (And that is a sad fact). Most of them are too busy working on their coach, cruising around this great country, helping other Eagle Owners and one last thing. Not getting involved in any negative discussions related to their beloved beasts. It serves no purpose and pisses them off.

Doug, you got real protective, defensive and angry when you read some negative posts regarding how you feel about Eagles. Put the shoe on the other foot.

It is just sad that you said the only thing you said negative about Eagles is that they are prone to rust. Not true! Go back and read your responses, they are full of negative comments about Eagles and the new owners of Silver Eagle. I don't see you posting demeaning, negative comments about any other brand like you have done with Eagle.

The worst thing is this, "A person who doesn't know he doesn't know"

Paul,

A Very Proud Eagle Owner in spite of the red dust! Grin And you seem to rustle some feathers. Wink

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 05:15:25 AM by Dreamscape » Logged
Songman

« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2008, 07:05:00 AM »

Paul, I'm done with this. Either Doug doesn't know that he is making himself look bad in his pursuit of making Eagle look bad, or he doesn't care. It is not worth a moments more stress to me. I feel kinda like gumpy feels about the political threads. I would hate to see anyone run off from this forum because one person feels he has to belittle a certain kind of bus at every mention. But that is what is happening. But we will have a safe haven to talk about Eagles soon enough.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2008, 07:31:20 AM »

Paul, I'm done with this. Either Doug doesn't know that he is making himself look bad in his pursuit of making Eagle look bad, or he doesn't care. It is not worth a moments more stress to me. I feel kinda like gumpy feels about the political threads. I would hate to see anyone run off from this forum because one person feels he has to belittle a certain kind of bus at every mention. But that is what is happening. But we will have a safe haven to talk about Eagles soon enough.

Yeah but some of us won't be allowed! Even if our buses are REFINED Eagles! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Dreamscape

« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2008, 10:29:43 AM »

Yeah but some of us won't be allowed! Even if our buses are REFINED Eagles! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

BK, Thanks for the smile.......You are one standup dude! Grin

Paul
Dreamscape

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2008, 12:14:31 PM »

I just got off the phone with Dan at Silver Eagle.

They are very happy with the way things are going. He spoke at great length about the 25 and a 15 they are building.

I'm very satisfied that they will succeed and they know what they are doing. It was great to hear the excitement in his voice.

If someone wants to know more they will have to go visit or call and talk with Dan or Craig. I do not have the authority to share any other information, so please do not ask.

By the way, Dan reads the posts quite often and he gets a kick out of some of the replies. Grin

Paul
VAN

« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2008, 02:28:20 PM »

Ok my turn ,first BK iwill stay behind and talk eagles withya buddy LOL if no one else will LOL next doug all I got to say is I'm suprised that a man about town who is always in the know about every body elses buisness does not know much when it comes to the silver eagle mfg boys.Any one truly in the know gets that way not by makin up s---t or taking hear say for fact,but by getting out meeting with and talking to company owners in person ,cause as every one here knows that silver eagle is right on track and on target with their plans to revive the eagle .I own an eagle too and if your intenion is to and play mental mind midget with every one who owns one for some sick pleasure or because one might have cut you off (probably on purpose)by accident and has hardened your heart towards eagles i'm sorry GET OVER IT! and start by being a productive member of this board by not posting threads that you know will push every ones buttons but instead post things that we can all get something out of instead of ahead ache .now back to your room ,and no milk and cookies till you've learned your lessons.last but not least Eagle owners and those (BK) distant relatives of the eagle bus don't let this  angry ,insulting mislead individual ruffle your feathers (I hear his cry for help and his yurning to fit in)cause He knows not what he speaks.

I think if we all came together and gave doug a big ol hug he is bound to see the errors of his way,remember when you grow up you can have an eagle too.Just my buck 3.80's worth and will now return to lurking in the shadows of your mind.HAVE A NICE DAY(really!)LOL

you know your in front
   when your getting kicked in the rear,Hi paul,Hi all! bye doug

Van
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 02:36:40 PM by VAN » Logged
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2008, 03:09:12 PM »

Whew! Glad I could only afford a GM.   Lips Sealed

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2008, 03:55:22 PM »

again I am not trying to make them look bad...they are doing that themselves.

talking to the owners of Silver Eagle is as much akin to going to the CEO of AIG and asking them if they were doing OK just before they took a $#!%.

Nobody in business is going to tell someone from Joe Public they are seconds away from disaster.

I know Eagle people like thier Eagles just Like Flx People like thier flxes, but Damn.......you guys jump to the defense from minute one.

If you go way way back and look at my initial eagle thread it was about factual issues with the coach....and some Eagle nut ( Busnut who likes Eagles) came running to the defense of the fallen flag.  This was prior to Silver Eagle.

Interesting to me you don;t see other brand loyalist getting so damn defensive.

as for being the man around town and knowing everything...I have stated before I don;t claim to that........but seems nobody in the bus industry knows what goes on down in S TX. at Silver Eagle.  when I start seeing reliable reports from independant industry people, not PRess releases generated by Silver Eagle I will start to beleive they may make a go of it.

as for the person who made the attack on me, saying I have mental Heath issues.......be it while I was online or after I went to MI.......the point is it was uncalled for and not in the spirit of the board.

those of you who know I don;t care for the eagle and am happy to point out thier problems as well as those of Silver Eagle manufacturing ( even if those problems are being seen by only my eyes as everyone else is looking through rose colored glasses.  Don;t read my posts.  That simple!

All my posts are clearly identified by my user name.  save yourself the raised bloodpressure and pass over it.

Eagles are rust prone and do have parts availability issues.

Please also make note of my civil but clearly correct and good advice given about the 54 01

Wink

No Need to reply as I really could give a rats @$#

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2008, 04:05:15 PM »

If I won the lottery or something and could afford a new bus my first call would be to Silver Eagle to get a model 25 shell.  The biggest issue would probably be the lead time.

I really like torsion suspensions over dealing with air suspensions, but I suppose a new bus should not have any air suspension issues.  I also like the squared off interior.  I want a motorhome to be practical.  I don't care if it looks like a bus or not.  An Eagle model 25 will still be way better than a stick and staples.

Old buses are going to be hard to get parts for regardless if they be Eagle, GM, or Flx (even Dina).  A lot of the MCIs are easier to get parts for just because so many were made, but ask an MC-5 owner about some of the parts.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2008, 04:15:20 PM »

http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?s=c46b385b69cbe5806a8962e5e54b5d95&showtopic=4297&st=0&p=112006&#entry112006
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2008, 04:20:50 PM »

4 photos of the interior  if you want to call them that

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=269036377&albumId=912579
cody

« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2008, 07:03:27 PM »

Tekebird, you truly are an amazing person, I have completely lost the last shred of respect I had for you and at one time it was a lot.  I'm done.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2008, 07:35:11 PM »

I didn't see know interior pics! All I saw was some country sing'n chick who can't even afford a decent pair of blue jeans with out rips and tears in them! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: