Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
May 20, 2018, 05:06:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at (657) 221-0432 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings everyone  (Read 624 times)
DominicM

67 MCI

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 11:20:25 AM »

He came from outside Mayberry NC, so I wanted to call him Barney, but was outvoted by the kids and ex.   Either way Fred is a great name for him, he fell in love with the bus as soon as I brought it home.  He went right in and made him self at home.   He doesn't care so much for the high steps, to the fact the bed sets so high, but he deals with them.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 12:04:16 PM »

Most F/J and other truck stops have a curb side open grate dump for commercial and entertainer buses.I like using those no hoses to deal with 

Life is short drink the good wine first
richard5933

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 12:08:38 PM »

Most F/J and other truck stops have a curb side open grate dump for commercial and entertainer buses.I like using those no hoses to deal with 

I did not know that they still had those. That would be great for us, since the control for the dump valve is over the driver's seat. Now I'll have to practice my docking procedure to perfect my aim...

Richard
1974 GMC P8M4108a-125 (Current Bus)
1964 GM PD4106-2412
Located in beautiful Wisconsin
KD9GRB
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 12:29:40 PM »

Hi Dominic & Fred, I also started with a 5A, it wasn't that hard to update the interior, even using over stock RV furniture as I did. As for the tank, if it's a polymer of some kind, it's not that difficult to have a hole cut and port put in or spin welded on, lvmci...

MCI 102C3 8V92, Allison HT740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Branderson

Retired Army, 1974 MCI, 6V92

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 12:34:47 PM »

I did not know that they still had those. That would be great for us, since the control for the dump valve is over the driver's seat. Now I'll have to practice my docking procedure to perfect my aim...

I'm glad I don't have that b/c the worst possible outcome would happen to me  haha I'm 100% sure of that.
DominicM

67 MCI

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 05:20:51 PM »

some genius figured that Stainless Steel tanks welded together would be the best solution of holding tanks.   The steel cost along is so much more than what a polymer tanks would have been.   

I am a bit OCD about wiring and plumbing that both are making me crazy..   It is like they took 5 strands of 16g YELLOW wire for 12v  to run 5 lights in the bus from the battery.   All have a have a splice in the same location and are all knotted around each other... The fresh water plumbing comes in and seems to go into a maze with 13 shut offs inline.  Yes that is right 13 shut offs in various locations not including the faucets. By the way there is only 2 sinks, 1 shower, 1 toilet. SO WHY SO MANY SHUT OFFS!!! 

But the cabinet skills are precise.  The closet door will open to be a bedroom door. The individual that did the conversion thought all of the build out but got lost in the plumbing and wiring. 
richard5933

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 05:24:48 PM »

Do you know who did the conversion? Was it a company like Custom Coach or an individual? What makes me wonder is that your description of the cabinetry is starting to sound like Custom Coach's work. Any photos of the interior?

Richard
1974 GMC P8M4108a-125 (Current Bus)
1964 GM PD4106-2412
Located in beautiful Wisconsin
KD9GRB
DominicM

67 MCI

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 06:39:59 PM »

pic of the bedroom
DominicM

67 MCI

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2018, 06:41:21 PM »

the closet door fold to also work as a bedroom door.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: