Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 10:49:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I bought a used bus Now What?  (Read 7625 times)
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2007, 07:50:52 AM »

jr and dallas

just let me know what day and time.  828-758 5820 will get me most of the time or leave me a message

uncle ned
"huggy Bear"

ps also look forward to seeing some 4501's in greer. hear he has several maybe not red

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2007, 07:59:49 AM »

Hey Jon, (I wus gonna call U, honest!)
I'm planning on doin' a look-see on Sat after lunch since the lot is open 11am to 4pm on Sat & 9:30 to 6:30 weekdays.

I'll post what I find out & maybe a picture too!

Then you smart guys from out of town can come by & find all the stuff I missed  Grin

kyle4501

BTW, since Jerry lives a little west of here, wouldn't it make better sense for him to buy tires at a place that can service his after the sale needs a little closer to OR.

I have to work (While some of my buses may have been free, ain't none of 'em cheap!) on Monday. One of mine is in Lyman, the other 3 are near Columbia.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2007, 08:49:13 AM »

I think I would worry about belts and hoses more than tires.  Good morning to whoever might be around. Another great day in Yuma at 65 deg this am and going to the high 70's.

Jerry

1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2007, 03:59:17 PM »

I think I would worry about belts and hoses more than tires.  Good morning to whoever might be around. Another great day in Yuma at 65 deg this am and going to the high 70's.

Jerry

You don't hafta get mean and na rubbin in your good weather especially since we'll be lookin at your bus in 51 degree weather. Cheesy

Send me your phone number and I'll call you from the cell when we're there.

When are Dallas and JR and all comin down?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 04:07:55 PM by NewbeeMC9 » Logged

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2007, 04:21:28 PM »

NewbeeMC9

The rest are doin it on Monday as they say and I sent the cell on your e mail Jerry

Dallas

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2007, 05:32:29 PM »

JR and I talked the other day. We'll probably meet in Greer about 11.

Itinerary:
Meet
Inspect bus
go for lunch
inspect waitrii (plural of waitress)
inspect other stuf.
go home.

Fun for all and promises to be a fine time!
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2007, 05:44:00 PM »

JR and I talked the other day. We'll probably meet in Greer about 11.

Itinerary:
Meet
Inspect bus
go for lunch
inspect waitrii (plural of waitress)
inspect other stuf.
go home.

I'm jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sounds like ALLOT of fun!!!!

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2007, 03:34:06 PM »

We'll post later when we get back from cruizing around in jerrys bus.  we've bout filled it up with strippers Cheesy Wink 

the bus survived the jump test (over a yugo) and the wheely test ( held it for a quarter mile).  were gonna roll test it after while. Cheesy

this 8v92 are cool and the flames shooting out the back are AWSOME!! Wink Grin

Dallas, JR

I gotta work monday but i won't do it hungry.  would like to meet for Waitrii!
  let me know when ya'll come

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Dallas

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2007, 04:19:43 PM »

We'll post later when we get back from cruizing around in jerrys bus.  we've bout filled it up with strippers Cheesy Wink 

the bus survived the jump test (over a yugo) and the wheely test ( held it for a quarter mile).  were gonna roll test it after while. Cheesy

this 8v92 are cool and the flames shooting out the back are AWSOME!! Wink Grin

Dallas, JR

I gotta work monday but i won't do it hungry.  would like to meet for Waitrii!
  let me know when ya'll come

Hey Jon!
At least you could leave us the side impact test and the frontend collision test!
I wanna see how well it does when your trying to pull the engine with a forklift and you've had a few cool adult beverages and your kinda goin' too fast and not aimed very well.
this is all in the interest of inspection and safety, you know!

By the way, did the exhaust drag when you were doin' wheelies, or did they come off later when you were jumping curbs?

We'll be expecting you for lunch! Your treat!
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2007, 05:43:49 PM »

Jon & I met another bus nut at the sales lot to look at Jerry's bus. Sorry Jerry, but you need to cut your losses & abandon this lost cause. Don't waste any $$ on a plane ticket. To help you out, I'll take care of disposing of this vehicle for you for a very small fee. LOL Seriously though, the main thing wrong with this bus is that I didn't find it first!

The engine didn't smoke like you thought a DD 2-stroke should when started in 40 F. Just a little black smoke & that was it! Jon drove it & said that he was afraid of the power. I was following & he didn't poke around.

Took some time to air up though, rose to 70 psi & sat there a while before it went to 120psi. The fast isle didn't work till the pressure went above 70.

Minimal rust, the only place that looked like it needed attention was above the blowers.

No curb rash either! The body was very straight.

Only air leak I heard was at the rear wheels when brakes were applied.

It currently has several empty gallon jugs of 15w-40 in the bay. That needs to be corrected.

It had a coolant leak that looks to be an easy fix. The interior was in good shape too!

Over all, an awesome bus for the dough. Way to go Jerry! I think I'll let you pick out my next one  Grin

The people at the sales lot were GREAT! No perssure & wanted to make sure they hadn't missed anything.

Jerry, keep us posted when you come to get her. . .

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2007, 06:34:59 PM »

I'm glad to hear that it might be a good buy. I knew what I wanted and hoped that it would turn out good. I know I'll not put a lot of miles on it but hopefully minor repairs will keep it up. Sure appreciate you giving it a look. I suppose the sales lot might have put the  oil in it and didn't know the right oil. I'd like to know what the engine is set up for in HP but guess I can figure that out as time goes by. I now need to find manual for it and will have to have some SS simulators to cover up the steel wheels. Didn't find out the tire size but probably 22.5's . Have to get rid of the charter outfits name etc. I'll have a million questions about conversion the first is where do you get rid of the seats. Maybe someone want some for a home theatre.    Jerry

Dreamscape

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2007, 06:37:57 PM »

Jerry,

Please post picutres when you get the coach. Sounds like you found a gem.

I would love to see them.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2007, 07:20:10 PM »

All I need to  know is how to post pictures. I looked through history and didn't find the info to posting pictures

Dreamscape

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2007, 08:08:38 PM »

When you want to post a picture do you see on the bottom left of the screen, ADDITIONAL OPTIONS? Click on that and you should be able to where it says ATTACH.

Hope this helps.

Paul
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2007, 08:21:05 PM »

see if this works

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: