Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
January 16, 2018, 11:44:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lock bumping  (Read 1838 times)
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2007, 12:19:38 PM »

Lock bumping: How a criminal may gain easy access to your home

Please watch and take heed if you have inexpensive door locks

Watch this.  It deals with how a criminal may gain easy access to your home.

I seen another one where you can open car door locks with a tennis ball, I'll add when I find it again.here it is =
http://www.break.com/index/unlock_your_car_with_a_tennis_ball.html
 Huh
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 12:39:25 PM by Ednj » Logged

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 12:37:45 PM »

It's funny I just got it from a friend of mine in a e-mail just  before i check the board. I'll tell every one to watch it, you can not believe it.

Pete & Jean
            Fantasy

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
kyle4501

NEWELL in South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 01:09:02 PM »

I always figgured all my locks do is keep me out when I don't have the key.  Embarrassed

At best a lock encourages a thief to find an easier target,
At worst they just slow down or piss off a thief (a pissed off thief will cause more damage)

My solution is to fill the house, shop, & yard with junk that ain't worth stealing!  Grin

Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)
belfert

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 05:03:42 PM »

Locks for the most part only keep the honest people out.  A thief can defeat most any lock with enough time.

If I was a thief, I'm not sure why I would do lock bumping over just kicking in the door or smashing glass except for the noise.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 05:20:06 PM »

Ed,

That was easier than I would have thought!

Kyle,

Thats what the locks do to me too!  LOL

Iinteresting though  Undecided

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 06:49:18 PM »

Hi Ed,

How is your back?

I just tried this bumping on my doors. It wouldn't work on my front door [Baldwin lock] But, ah ha... my back door is a quickset and I had some old

quickset keys in a can so I figured I try it. Wa La, it took me 10 seconds with an old worn out key to open it.  I'll be changing that lock this weekend.

Whoda thought.....

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
BusCrazyinFL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 09:32:52 PM »

Ok guys this topic is up my alley.  I'm a locksmith since 1991.  I have my own mobile business...this is what I do every day. I mainly do commercial and residential work.  On this subject of bumping locks, that is really nothing new. The cheaper the lock, the easier it is to bump, so it does make sense to buy more expensive locks or high security locks. I rekeyed a house today that had the cheapest locks I have seen in a long time, and believe it or not, this house was in a GATED community. But,the bigger problem that I see as a locksmith is when people buy a new house (whether it is new or used) and they don't rekey the newer property. You have NO idea who else out there has a key to that property. Even with brand new homes, subcontractors are often given keys, but people don't think about that. Unless you yourself have had your property rekeyed, you really don't know who else out there has keys to your house, business or even your bus, yes your bus. Did you have the ignition changed or rekeyed? What about the front entrance lock, or what about the bay doors?  If you have locks it's something to think about. The botton line is when it comes to security people tend to be cheap until they get robbed, but then it is too late. Well, I'll get off my soap box for now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: