Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 09:14:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok....... I'm stoked!!! Actually, "ELECTRIFIED"!!  (Read 1487 times)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2007, 10:57:09 AM »

Well, I finally got an inverter. I got it off eBay. Only my 3rd purchase ever! And it was a doozey!!!! (hope I didn't step on anybody's toes on this site!)

I got a Xantrex 4024. I have been talking with Jerry Lieber and he recommended that I go ahead and get this type as it really is nice in the long run. I definitely like the idea of something taking care of all the electricals for me.
  I have been reading some of the posts about the bonding, GFIC's blowing, etc., so it looks like I need to start really paying attention!  Roll Eyes   Smiley  Jerry has one on his coach so he said he could try and coach me thru it too.

Well, that's all I got. I was just so tickled I had to tell someone who could appreciate it!  Grin
  Now I just have to find my water tanks!!   Undecided   Smiley

Electric and estatic,
          Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 12:00:29 PM »

Chaz,
Good for you steel tenting will never be the same. Grin

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 01:06:51 PM »

Chaz, congrats on getting a great inverter, it will be worth it in the long run.

As for water tanks, I got my poly tanks from Ronco Plastics 714-259-1385.  They make the tanks for Ardemco, and can give you a much better price.  I think I got more than 50% off the list price.  same part numbers as ardemco.

good luck

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 01:26:14 PM »

Thanks Chaz,
Bought it right out from under me.  Just kidding.  Grin
I will be looking for one of those in the future.

Lee
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 03:20:48 PM »

Dang Lee............ Ya scared me!!!  Shocked I certainly don't want to screw anybody over.

Do they have a site, Jim??? The bad thing is shipping would bite!!

Thanx,
        Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/

H3Jim

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 04:36:17 PM »

http://www.ronco-plastics.net/

maybe someone from here would deliver if they are headed that way...

Jim Stewart

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 05:28:41 AM »

Don't forget Dura-Cast in Lake Wales Florida for tanks. They put the fittings where you want them and ship them to you completed and shipping really isn't that much from what I have been told from other buyers!

They have many sizes and styles to choose from or you can custom design what you want and they will make it for you!

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »

I just got my inverter!! WooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooo!!!
                               Now i just have to figure it all out!!   Huh   Huh    Undecided
  Man!!!!! is it big and heavy!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't really gotten into the manual yet, but I was thinking about mounting it up on a plate and legs so I had space under it for storage. I'm a metal fabricator so that wouldn't be a problem, but would there be any other drawbacks to that??
  Another reason for that thought is i was also going to put it in the bay with the water tanks. Is there any heat generated from it that it would help a little with heating that compartment??

Looking for opinions and ideas, Roll Eyes
               Chaz

captain ron

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 12:27:38 PM »

Chaz, There is a guy in Indiana that makes tanks, soon as I find my receipt I'll give you his info. and he puts in fittings where you need them.
H3Jim

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 12:39:05 PM »

yes it does generate some heat.  especially when inverting or charging.  The manual recommends to mount it vertically on a wall or somethnig.  When mouinted this way, the bottom panel is solid.  So if it melts down, the solid panel catches the red hot balls before they hit something flameable.

I mounted mine horizontally, but in a place where it doesn't matter too much.  and I am hoping it doesn't melt down anyway.

Yes, they are a pretty hefty unit. I mounted the bottom mounting rails on angle iron so I can slide it in and out if I ever need access to it.

Congrats on getting a great unit.

Jim Stewart

pvcces

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 07:31:29 PM »

Chaz, as a general rule of thumb, figure on your inverter turning about 10% of the power that it is handling into heat, whether it is inverting or charging.

That ought to be pretty close.

Tom Caffrey

Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 07:43:19 AM »

Ron,
  Thanx. I appreciate that. I would just drive there to get them. I imagine he would be up north as most of the parts and such are. But that is only a couple hours away.

Jim,
   Thanx. I haven't had time to get into the manual yet, but that gets my wheels turning in the right direction!!  Wink

Tom,
   That is good to know. I want to mount my inverter, water tanks, aux. heater, pump, etc. all in one bay. At least that is my thoughts. I was hoping they could then kind of take care of each other with a little excess heat. The batteries I was going to put in the front most bay.

Ok........... now I'm thinkin!!!   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Undecided  SCAREY!!!!

I'm going to start a new thread on mechanical/electrical/water layouts in a coach. Hopefully you guys can chime in and give some ideas. I'm starting to get the things I need collected, so now it's time to find out where they should go.

Looking for ideas from people who know,
                   Chaz

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: