Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 09:40:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT: Wanna buy a campground?  (Read 11128 times)
charlie

67-01,78-mci-8

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2010, 07:16:49 AM »

I also would be in intrested investing 1-2 grand
     charlie
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2010, 09:42:48 AM »

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
moose

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2010, 09:55:10 AM »

Hello All
My name is Trevor
i am interested in investing for this idea
Thank you
trevor
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2010, 10:48:12 AM »

I also would be in intrested investing 1-2 grand
     charlie

Seriously, Chris. I don't think that will buy the cg. I think is what you are saying that you would like to do something like going in with 50 or 60 other people.

I don't think that many people going in on something is a good idea. Often when there are 2 business partners they can't agree. Now multiply that by thirty??? Methinks, that if that many nuts from the board, bought a place like that, it would destroy some of our community. It would just bring strife and disagreements in, and we don't need more of those Wink

Now if somebody wants to buy that place, I'll bet Dallas, and Cat have that in good shape.

Just my .002

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2010, 05:40:48 PM »

If the address is "Cale Yarborough Highway"...

YEEHAW!

The financial arrangements for 30+ people would be called shareholders, not partners.

Hand over your cash for a share, wait for dividends, or a rising share price to sell them.

Can't see it happening...busnuts are too frugal.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
loosenut
Confidently Ignorant

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2010, 10:43:23 AM »

A limited partnership would be a good model for the campground.  In a limited partnership, one entity is the "general partner" and they 'run' the investment.  The rest of the investors are limited partners who have limited powers of decision but also have limited liabilities.

For example, Becky could set up a partnership with her as the general.  Using her background and knowledge from managing the campground as her capital in the investment she could then solicit investments from limited partners.  Limited partners would likely invest since she already runs the campground. 

This is a simplistic explanation.  In CA, you can ask a lawyer or a real estate broker to set one up and fill you in on the details.  The out of pocket cost is relatively cheap.  I don't know anything about TX's rules.  But, from the comments on this board, I assume CA has more details.

I find threads like this interesting.  A conversation started in 2007 picked up in 2010.

Mike

Sold 85 Neoplan 33ft 6V92ta, sadly busless
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2010, 01:38:45 PM »

Not that it matters, BUT somone needs to go physically and see if the
campground even exists now.

Google and the maps are from 2007 about when the thread started.

Probably as old as 2005 but not recent aerial views by any luck.

By their maps including the GIS system, I am still in Florida with 2 buses
and 3 other vehicles.

Also where I am now just shows a field and a barn. No buses or anything else.

Someone mentioned a while ago that the campground was going to be sold & levelled
soon. That may have happened already. Just doesn't show on the maps yet.

Sorry to be a wet blanket on this.

Also, I see a lot of wishes to participate, However unless there is a Million $$$ to work with I doubt that anything could get done. That is because of the cost of infrastructure like water, sewage, permits, property tax, Inspections, insurance and many other things that would also need to be handled. Then the ongoing cost's of operation and maintenance.

You ain't gonna do that or any part of it for a couple of grand.

You can buy one already operating near me starting at $300k or a whole marina and campground that is fully in operation starting for about triple(??) that and has everything including fuel, store and covered boat slips.

Someone needs to do a lot more research before anyone jumps on the bandwagon offering to buy in. Just makes sense.

I spent time and money to start a very small one. So far I made a whole $10 last year on a $40,000 investment and at this rate I am still losing money even if I were to charge a reasonable rate. These are long term projects and like a bus they are never quite done before stuff needs to be replaced or other stuff goes wrong.

Dave...

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2010, 01:46:01 PM »

Not that it matters, BUT somone needs to go physically and see if the
campground even exists now.

Google and the maps are from 2007 about when the thread started.

Probably as old as 2005 but not recent aerial views by any luck.

By their maps including the GIS system, I am still in Florida with 2 buses
and 3 other vehicles.

Also where I am now just shows a field and a barn. No buses or anything else.

Someone mentioned a while ago that the campground was going to be sold & levelled
soon. That may have happened already. Just doesn't show on the maps yet.

Sorry to be a wet blanket on this.

Also, I see a lot of wishes to participate, However unless there is a Million $$$ to work with I doubt that anything could get done. That is because of the cost of infrastructure like water, sewage, permits, property tax, Inspections, insurance and many other things that would also need to be handled. Then the ongoing cost's of operation and maintenance.

You ain't gonna do that or any part of it for a couple of grand.

You can buy one already operating near me starting at $300k or a whole marina and campground that is fully in operation starting for about triple(??) that and has everything including fuel, store and covered boat slips.

Someone needs to do a lot more research before anyone jumps on the bandwagon offering to buy in. Just makes sense.

I spent time and money to start a very small one. So far I made a whole $10 last year on a $40,000 investment and at this rate I am still losing money even if I were to charge a reasonable rate. These are long term projects and like a bus they are never quite done before stuff needs to be replaced or other stuff goes wrong.

Dave...

I already posted that the place does not exist and hasn't since it was sold at auction for over $300,000. It is not an area that would be worth fixing up again, especially since they paid so much for the land and would want at least that much for that. On top of that you would have to put in all water, sewer and electric since they destroyed what was there.

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2010, 05:49:30 PM »

Bubbagal,

Funny, I heard that you did say that somewhere. Grin Grin

I guess that people are yet again not paying attention..as per usual...

No surprise there...

Dave.. ( and Yes I was the red headed stepchild! ) Shocked Shocked

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2010, 04:45:59 AM »

Dave.

I think the latest feller was talking about buying into the cg where Dallas and Cat work right now. Cat already told us that this was not the one out in SC.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2010, 07:12:53 PM »

If someone jumps into a campground investment via this internet resource...

Please send me your cash.

I am a Canadian.

I have some property on the riverside and this area is under-serviced in campgrounds.

As the boomers' travel plans awaken with a recovering economy, don't get left behind in the opportunity to participate in their spending!

My e-mail is in the profile.  Grin

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: