Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
November 18, 2017, 08:04:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More DDEC-II questions.  (Read 1065 times)
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« on: February 11, 2007, 10:19:04 PM »

OK, I've solved my Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) problem and now I have good speed information coming in to my ECM.  This means that the ECM should also know distance traveled, as it is merely a certain number of pulses per mile on the VSS.

My problem now is that the "trip" information in the ECM is not incrementing.  Specifically, it shows 0 total engine miles, 0 total engine hours, and 0 total engine gallons.  On a trip-by-trip basis, the gallons and hours increment for the current trip, but the miles don't, and everything resets to zero after a key-off/key-on sequence.

Is there a setting in the ECM that controls this?  I can't find anything else to enable in the settings.  I have no trouble codes, and everything else is working normally.  These numbers were not incrementing with my old ECM, either, but I had the VSS disabled so I thought that was normal.  I now have a new ECM and a working VSS.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

-Sean

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 10:51:01 AM »

Sean, I'll see what info I may have on it. In what parameter are you looking for trip data?
I don't have access to a coach with DDEC 2. I'll check a DDEC 3/4 setup for comparison, should be similar.
Sammy  Cool
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 07:08:53 PM »

Sammy,

On the Pro-Link, it comes up in a section called "Trip Information" or something similar (I don't have it in front of me at the moment).

The DDEC is supposed to keep a running total of engine hours, gallons of fuel, mileage, and idle time.  In theory, that's the total for the engine since new.  There is also a per-trip section, where it keeps mileage, gallons, and hours since the last time the key was turned on (more precisely, "ignition" power applied to ECM).

My global totals keep resetting to zero, and I'm not getting mileage or idle hours in any case.  The gallons and hours do increment for each trip.

One additional factor:  my ECM serial number is showing as all zeroes.  I think this may be a side-effect of the ECM replacement that Williams did.

-Sean

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: