Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 12:27:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where Do I Put MY Harley-Davidson  (Read 3966 times)
matsuchuck

Ignore
« on: February 12, 2007, 05:53:49 PM »

I Just Bought A 94 MCI 102D MY First Step IS To Find A Place For MY Full Dresser H-D. Anyone Know Of Pictures Of Bikes Mounted In The Side Of A Bus Down Low Or A Way To Make A Garage In The Rear With A Lift Gate?Huh
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 06:44:23 PM »

Not aware of any pix of lift gate for a bike. 
However, if you had a wheelchair lift, perhaps you could use that to lift the bike to floor height.  You could install a modified WCL. 
Lifts are typically removed when a bus is converted.   A wheelchair lift would have to be strengthened to handle the 800 lb scoot, but lifts are designed to be used above the rear bay. And some are designed to specifically hide in the side of a 102D.  The engineering is done.
BTW, nice bus!  JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 07:49:13 AM »

This device was recently brought to my attention. It might warrant a second look for carrying a motorcycle.

http://www.idahotote.com/
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 08:44:45 AM »

Will the bike fit in the bay?  I have seen where someone hinged the bay floor so it would drop to the ground, forming a ramp. Then they used hydraulic cylinders to raise it back up.

Len
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:48:57 AM by Len Silva » Logged

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 08:48:51 AM »

Hi matsuchuck,

Welcome!

I think I posted theese before but, here you go..

Nick Badame

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 11:43:03 AM »

Contrary to what everyone has posted already it is impossible to carry your Harley with you.  I will generously offer to store it for you for a nominal fee which will include regular exercising of the bike.  You can contact me offline but hurry - such a generous offer as this is not likely to last long.

Grin  Grin   Grin  Grin   Grin  Grin   Grin  Grin   Grin  Grin   Grin  Grin 

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 12:50:46 PM »

Bob,
  'Not sure he's gonna bite!!   Grin Grin Grin

I have a '46 knuckle on a '69 swing arm with apes. If I drop my apes down the dog bones just fit. Cheesy   Yeeeeaaaah baby!!! She also rides on 16" wheels and short shocks in the back. The wide glide is about 2" over. Garbage barge fenders.   
   But I have to put it in on an angle. I'm going to fab an aluminum channel like a short  "H" so I can strap it down and then slide it up and in. Then lock it down. Should be the hot ticket.

The only way to fly,
                Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 02:59:49 PM »

Cripes it is a harley,,, they are made to ride in trailers and the back of pickups! Get a small trailer!  Grin

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
DebDav

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 03:38:44 PM »

www.overbiltlifts.com
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 06:53:20 AM »

Contrary to what everyone has posted already it is impossible to carry your Harley with you.  I will generously offer to store it for you for a nominal fee which will include regular exercising of the bike.  You can contact me offline but hurry - such a generous offer as this is not likely to last long.
 Grin  Grin   Grin  Grin   Grin  Grin   Grin  Grin   Grin  Grin   Grin  Grin 

Bob that is a very generous offer! But I can make a better one! Ya see yer to far north for the bike to be comfortable yr round! So I'd be willing to keep it here in a nice climate controled garage for free just keep the tags & insurance up to date. Oh yeah be sure when ya bring it back in for storage the fuel tank is full too! 
BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 07:19:32 AM »

Cripes it is a harley,,, they are made to ride in trailers and the back of pickups! Get a small trailer! 

But draggin a trailer BITES!!!!  Tongue Especially if ya don't have to.

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 07:29:48 AM »

Bob that is a very generous offer! But I can make a better one! Ya see yer to far north for the bike to be comfortable yr round! So I'd be willing to keep it here in a nice climate controled garage for free just keep the tags & insurance up to date. Oh yeah be sure when ya bring it back in for storage the fuel tank is full too! 
BK  Grin

I'm afraid he's not likely to take either of us up on our very generous offers.  I think he is ungrateful.   Cheesy

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 08:13:47 AM »

Personally- that Idahotote seems like a great idea.  Since you can back it and is essentially just an extension of the bus disguised as a trailer, it would make for the least amount of stress on the back engine frame.  I would think that having a hydraulic lift would put alot of stress on the rear of the bus with close to 1000lb cantelevered off the back.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 10:26:11 AM »

A friend of mine was looking at them in Quartzite last week of January and was quite impressed. Big problem is the price - approaching $4k.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 10:30:28 AM »

NOt to mention that most of our buses leave a kiss of oil on the back.  Not fun cleaning those things, rather be riding.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: