Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 10:05:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Left side turn signal.  (Read 1593 times)
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« on: April 27, 2006, 07:49:42 PM »

My left side turn signal marker lights on the side of the bus, miserly stopped working.
The front signal and the rear signal still work, but the side markers donít any Ideas?
 Huh

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
El-Sonador

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 07:55:42 PM »

My left side turn signal marker lights on the side of the bus, miserly stopped working.
The front signal and the rear signal still work, but the side markers donít any Ideas?
 Huh

Bulb Replacement
Bad Ground
Bad connection
Broken * OR CUT  wire

* edited at the request of BK... ;-)

« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 08:03:23 PM by El SoŮadorô » Logged
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 07:58:09 PM »

Steve the only option you left for me to make is that some where along the line of working on it someone cut some wires by mistake! LOL Smiley Cheesy Grin Cool Knuckle Cool Grin Cheesy Smiley

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 08:07:35 PM »

Steve the only option you left for me to make is that some where along the line of working on it someone cut some wires by mistake! LOL Smiley Cheesy Grin Cool Knuckle Cool Grin Cheesy Smiley

No I donít think so, all was working fine , I was tooling up the highway and changing lanes regularly and passing people, when all the sudden the side markers stopped working.
Sometimes when I first turn them on It will blink once and no more.
I think I just pass to many people, but I need to fix this for state inspection.
>
Is this one of the places I can up grade to a LED? ( the stock bulbs are new)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 08:10:15 PM by Ednj » Logged

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
El-Sonador

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 08:11:41 PM »

No I donít think so, all was working fine , I was tooling up the highway and changing lanes regularly and passing people, when all the sudden the side markers stopped working.
Sometimes when I first turn them on It will blink once and no more.
I think I just pass to many people, but I need to fix this for state inspection.

Same thing happened to me.... Check the ground and the socket base for conductivity. I found a broken wire there once but the casing seemed ok... caught it with a tester.

Steve
Footloose

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 08:12:17 PM »

I may be mistaken †Angry †but I seem to recollect that †all of the TS & marker light lines †on front sides go through the junction box in top of front bay(I think they call it the AC Box). I had one on Left side that quit working on my 76 MC-8 and it turned out to be a loose connection in this box.
Been a while Cry
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 08:17:05 PM »

Could also be low on Flasher fluid! LOL Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Knuckle Cool Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 08:33:13 PM »

Could also be low on Flasher fluid! LOL Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Knuckle Cool Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley

Iím a little disappointed at your response.
This will be in the archives and all newbies, will see low on blinker fluid.
Thatís something you tell the swift drivers.

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 08:45:11 PM »

When you run charter buses it's also something you tell drivers who leave their signal on from the time they pull out of the yard until they go home and in the middle of the night ya have to get up off the couch and go down to the shop and turn 'm off for the idiot who left 'm on!!! And yes I used to tell SWIFT drivers that when I was trucking! An also that they didn't have no trailer lights working when I'd catch 'm bobtailing! and last but not least SWIFT stands for ; Sure Wish I'd Finished Training! Whoop Whoop Cluck Cluck I thought I saw a Chicken Truck! Oh dat was me in da chicken truck! Cluck Cluck no chrome won't get ya home but atleast ya look good sitt'n on the side of the road! LOL! Yeah I'm sorry about mislead'n the newbies or FNG's but I'm still a little light headed from that brake cleaner I was using while I was under a bus in the pit! An I'm about to hit my 100 posts b4 I go to bed! Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Shocked Cool  Knuckle  Cool Shocked Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley

www.kylakesidetravel.net

bruceknee

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 03:49:16 AM »

The Swift Trucks have a large blinker fluid reservoir so they never run out
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: