Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 02:41:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question on aluminum holding tanks  (Read 4006 times)
roadrunnertex

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 01:02:21 PM »

Well,I used 2-45 gallon capacity titanium potable water tanks that were used on Boeing 727's.
Very light weight and work well for what they are used for potable water in my conversion.
I think the cost were around $150.00 each plus shipping.
Max Power Aerospace Inc.
7112 Florence Road
Smyrna,TN 37167
616-223-5600
jlv Grin

LegalEagle82

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 09:36:40 PM »

roadrunner,
any pictures of your tanks.  the aerospace guys are just down the road from me.  I had never thought about passenger plane parts, but thats interesting to me.  Were the tanks round/ square.
My bus currently has aluminum tanks, but as suggested earlier, my black tank is suffering from years of use, and needs to be repaired or replaced. 

For those of interest, my bus is an old entertainer bus, and the sewer tank is plumbed out on the  passenger side with an dump switch next to the driver's seat.  I read online here that it was a possible use of the street drains when the buses were parked in just the right spot while in concert.

Legal Eagle
Nash Vegas, TN

Living and Learning....
roadrunnertex

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 10:40:51 PM »

The 727 Potable water tanks are round smaller radius than a 55gallon drum.
jlv Grin
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 02:13:33 AM »

I read online here that it was a possible use of the street drains when the buses were parked in just the right spot while in concert.
Not to take this thread off topic, but dumping black tanks into storm drains is illegal.  Those drains empty directly into rivers, creeks or flood control channels without any treatment.
LegalEagle82

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 08:04:08 PM »

I know its illegal, and I don't dump my tanks in such an manner.   

I had only heard stories, and its a little odd to have the dump valve under the bus on the passenger side, with a remote switch next to the driver. 

Legal Eagle
Nash Vegas, TN

Living and Learning....
Aviator

With enough thrust, Pigs fly just fine

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 09:07:28 PM »

I know its illegal, and I don't dump my tanks in such an manner.   

I had only heard stories, and its a little odd to have the dump valve under the bus on the passenger side, with a remote switch next to the driver. 

Remember a couple of years ago in Chicago??? The Dave Matthews Band bus had just such a switch. Seems the driver hit the aforementioned switch while crossing one of the Chicago River bridges. Wouldn't have made the news except for the sightseeing tour boat that had the unfortunate timing to be crossing under the bridge at that moment. Something rolled downhill that day.... Shocked

Larry

Larry
MCI 102C3
Northwest Indiana
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 05:04:30 AM »

Entertainer coaches get serviced at the same dump station as regular passenger buses, with the dump valve on the passenger side. Having the switch at the driver location prevents accidental or deliberate dumping from the outlet location.
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 10:17:43 AM »

I also have a dump on the right side, it works out good at some truck stops. I have one on the left side also for camp ground use. The right side has a double saftey switch so it can't be dump accidental.

Pete & Jean
             Fantasy

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: