Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 11:24:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: REBUILD CLUTCH KIT  (Read 923 times)
crazycraig

Ignore
« on: February 15, 2007, 06:41:03 PM »

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WERE I CAN FIND A CLUTCH REBUILD KIT FOR MY 77 GMC 4905-8V-71,SPICER FOUR SPEED? THANKS CRAZY CRAIG
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 06:44:20 PM »

Call Luke at US Coach, he should be on your speed dial anyway
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 07:06:37 AM »

Clutch and brake rebuild shops don't charge very much to do a complete rebuild which includes resurfacing the pressure plate. If it just needs to be cleanerd up, you may not have to do the flywheel. They have all the tools and knowhow to do it right. It is a lot of work to have to do it again if you don't do it right.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 08:07:03 AM »

be sure to replace the flywheel bolt tno mater what.
crazycraig

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 07:25:28 AM »

Thanks alot for your help, Luke has the parts I need for 1700.00,I was wondering if there is a cheaper way I could go,Maybe some saw dust, duct tape and super glue? PS I just removed the old pottie and I feel for all the kids that got motion sickness in the back of the bus,and also the pot whole pi%$#$%$#$%ers. Thanks crazycraig
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 12:09:49 PM »

$1700.00 sounds like a price to replace, not repair. I still suggest that you go to a brake and clutch shop and talk to them. If you have it all part, take all the pieces with you, including the flywheel if you have it off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: