Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 09:46:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: side panels  (Read 748 times)
lloyd

Ignore
« on: February 17, 2007, 01:40:20 PM »

A question about what to put on the exterior sides of the bus when you have removed all the bus windows and bus panels. I have heard of alumimum or fiberglass panels. Any opinion on which you have used, and if it is alumimum what thickness, and lengths. I have 35' MCI 5. I am also thinking about raising the roof.
Lloyd
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 02:54:21 PM »

Hi Lloyd,

The standard size alumimum sheets that we use on coach windows are .080ga. 4'x12'. Just remember when

using alumimum, it must be hung "expanded". Another words, You have to heat the panels before you fasten

them to your coach. If not, they will buckle in the summer sun pulling rivits, sika flex, and screws from their mounts.

Your other option is fiberglass. Bruce Knee from Delaware is a supplier of this one piece fiberglass method. The only

down side of the one piece is hanging that long of material. You need the proper equipment to handle it.

Also, you can use 16ga. cold rolled steel but remember, you have to properly prime and seal the back side as well as the

front side of steel to protect it from rusting.

Good Luck
Nick-
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 03:00:04 PM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 03:48:53 PM »

I replaced the glass panels with fiberglass panels.  Used the same gasktets.  I've seen coaches painted with panels and unless you look closely, its difficult to tell its an Oky solution.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: