Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 04:54:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: australian family looking to hire/rent 40+ ft coach from july to sept 07  (Read 3338 times)
dooneb4

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 01:04:45 AM »

hey JR we dont really have an itenerary .
over here we just follow our noses or toss a coin to which way we are gonna head
apart from wanting to run into some busnuts and see how you do things over there dont know .any suggestions?
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 06:56:21 AM »

Hey Doone,
  Should I persue the idea of that bus or bag it?? Just curious. The gentleman that owns it is a little older and has had a stroke (doesn't speak well) so if you think you may go with the 5th it's ok, I just don't want to bother him. Although, I do like to stay in contact with him. He's a real nice guy and loves company. AND he has a fantastic collection - at least in my eyes - of old cars, trucks (big and little), busses, etc. 

Go here --> http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/?start=all  and from pic dscn0926 to dscn0861 is all his except for the black '56 chevy which is mine.

Anyway, would love to help if I can. just let me know!! 

Chaz         Chaz@amstudio.us      1(812)934-4468

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 09:16:02 AM »

Renting would be prohibitively expen$ive for the kind of time you're looking at spending here this summer. If I were you, I'd just buy something that suits your fancy and sell it when you're finished with the trip.

Although you'll pay more, an RV dealer might be willing to work with you on an buy-buyback deal. If you really want a bus (and who here wouldn't??), check out busforsale.com in Nashville TN area.

Good luck on your search, and please keep us posted!
Brian B.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 01:26:41 PM »

for many things, buying, using and selling can be a good idea.  for a bus, you'd have to almost steal it in order to be able to sell it later in any kind of reasonable time.  Buses are always difficult to sell, but seem to be a partcularly hard sell these days.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 01:30:34 PM »

A used Class 'C' or small Class 'A' would probably be your best as far as cost of acquisition and ease of resale, and insurance is easier to acquire - FWIW

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
dooneb4

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 02:29:26 PM »

hey bus nuts
Chaz its about all ive been thinking about for the last 48 hrs,
as much as i apreciate your help and love buses i think the smart thing to is to go tt, or 5er
if i had more time and money over there i would be interested but the fact is that i have a perfectly good bus over here .with a shipload of money into it.!
but aside from that im real impressed with what you do chaz ,and maybe we can run into you while
we are over there?
again thank you every one for taking the time to give me your advice
on ya Doone
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 03:35:46 PM »

A used Class 'C' or small Class 'A' would probably be your best as far as cost of acquisition and ease of resale, and insurance is easier to acquire - FWIW

If you like the idea of buying a used Class "A", I have one for sale right now on e-bay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fleetwood-class-A-Ford-not-diesel-not-MCI-bus-no-slide_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50057QQihZ009QQitemZ190082549547QQrdZ1
It's ready to go.  Your brother could probably register and insure it for you - and we'd meet you at Newark International Airport and you could be on your way!!

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 04:13:59 PM »

You will definitely need a toad if you are going to go around visiting all the tourist areas and in most of them you can not just park in a pull out for a couple of days. I think you will many times have to stay in a campground. I would strongly recommend a TT or 5th wheeler and a suitable tow vehicle that you can use for exploring and visiting the many tourist attractions in any area.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 04:31:05 PM »

No problem Doone!!!!!  Smiley  I just like to help when I can. Unfortunately, I live in southern Indiana (close to Cincinnati Ohio) so I don't know that there would be much of a reason to get up into these parts. But if you do , BY ALL MEANS give me a shout and stop by!!! I'd love to meet ya!!!!!! I have an Aussie buddy that lives in Botany. Real nice guy. You Aussie's slay me!!
  Keep us up on what you plan to do!!!

G'day Mate!!!!!     Wink
       Chaz 

p.s. Maybe you could bring me a cute little Australian Blue Heeler Puppy!!!   Grin  LOL  Just kidding. I am looking to get another one right now. Tilli, my first one past away about 2 years ago -17 1/2 years old- and I miss her and want another one. They are the best, hands down, period!!!!

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/

dooneb4

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 12:28:29 AM »

hey guys the saga continues Undecided a whole new can of worms
Ed what dollars do you want for that fleetwood  ? and do you reckon well get 3 boys in there?
the thought of driving in NYC is freaking me out !
i dont need a drink idont need a drink
but if its the means to the ends! no worries

Chaz i showed kathy our blogs and she reckons we should head up your way and visit.
your house looks like it is out of a book i read when i was a teenager  in new zealand called" hand made houses"
which was published by the same company that published a book called "rolling homes " which started me on the whole building housetrucks  journey which over the years turned into the whole busnut thing.

i have been to cincinatti back in 93 hooked up with a girl that i met in clearwater fla and spent 3 weeks there and lake cumberland in kentucky but thats enough yarning for now

Richard thanks for your advice i think your right thats my gut feeling on it too
on ya all Doone
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 06:01:18 AM »

Doone,
  I'd love to have you all stop by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That would be very cool!!! There isn't too much of interest around here, but I could maybe make it worth your while. But if the big attraction is to see my home - which I love to show off and DO all the time - you could maybe get a shot of it when it comes on HGTV (if you get that station down under) . I think in March. But either way, if your out "walking about"  Wink by all means stop by!!!
  By the way, I have a pretty well stocked shop of tools in case there would be something you would need to do to whatever you you get.

It's getting warmer here!!!
       Chaz

Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 02:42:26 PM »

hey guys the saga continues Undecided a whole new can of worms
Ed what dollars do you want for that fleetwood  ? and do you reckon well get 3 boys in there?
the thought of driving in NYC is freaking me out !
i dont need a drink idont need a drink
but if its the means to the ends! no worries

Doone

Dooneb4; Check your Personal Messages Inbox, & your E-mail.
Don't worry I don't drive in NYC either.

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 05:23:39 PM »

Imagine my surprise when I pick up the local business rag, which I never read, and the following service, started by an English citizen, is listed on page two:

http://www.motorhomeholidayswap.com/

Maybe a serendipitous moment. Or perhaps not.

Anyways, check it out!
Brian B.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2007, 12:39:14 AM »

I have been following this thread and tonight noticed an add in the Los Angeles "craigslist" a bus for sale or rent? You can do a search under RV using bus and it came up. You might contact the seller and see if you can work something out.

Good luck

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: