Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 11:57:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My "New" conversion  (Read 1859 times)
redbusnut

Ignore
« on: February 18, 2007, 08:46:22 AM »

There are some pictures of my "new" conversion in the "Post Your Pictures" folder  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 08:51:01 AM »

All I can say is .............. wow!  You GO boy!!!!!  That is VEEEEEEEEEERY sweet. You have every right to be proud!!
  Now all ya have to do is use the h*** out of it!!! And have fun doin it!!

Your smiles are well deserved!

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
belfert

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 09:16:02 AM »

That thing really needs a few more lights on it.  I don't think I could quite see it from the moon!  Wink

I would have preferred an already done bus, but that just wasn't possible for me.

Brian
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 06:15:02 PM »

Wow, who needs to build their own when you can buy that! Nice, very nice.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 06:20:35 PM by Barn Owl » Logged

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
JimC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 07:21:38 PM »

Very Sharp,
and best of all, you can USE IT NOW!
JimCallaghan

4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 09:20:02 AM »

Wow! I'm very happy for you... but I'm having major bouts of bus envy  Embarrassed. But I'll try to keep it in check.

Have fun in that. Wow! (he says again)
Brian B.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 08:55:59 AM »

Redbusnut- It looks great inside-will show off well.  But- I highly recommend you dig around the interior and exterior and find where all the systems go; how the bus is wired; how it is plumbed; where the wire chases are.  Just plainly get to know the bus inside and out so you can trouble shoot the problems quickly.  You'll thank yourself when that problem arises, since break downs always occur  at night when it is cold, the wind is blowing, it is raining or snowing, and it is perfectly pitch black outside.  Never during a nice 70 degree sunny day.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 12:22:48 PM »

I have to agree with TomC.  You really need to get to know the bus.  Or, you will be surprised at the most inopportune time. 

And, she looks GREAT!  Feels good to show her off, huh!

Just like being out with a beautiful woman.

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 12:26:50 PM »

oh yeah, one more thing...

What the heck are you doing with all that mud on your tires?  If you're taking that bus where you get that much mud on her, you may be headed for trouble.

Just an observation.

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 12:33:36 PM »

redbusnut,

Thanks for posting your bus pictures.  It looks awsome!

Lots of Luck to you.

Nick Badame

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 01:22:59 PM »

very nice coach.  Is that a 45 footer? 

What equipment came with it?

Don't be shy about getting mud on the tires - I take mine out in the desert once a month.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
redbusnut

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 09:08:40 PM »

Not 45,H3 40 and Iam slowly trying to figure out everything. It has leveling jacks,but don't work
The person I bought it from was up front and said they weren't working . I am happy of what I got
and know there will be some problems as it is 15 yrs. old. When you buy it converted already, you don't feel like a bus converter, but am still a bus nut.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 06:50:27 AM »

It looks like a great bus.  Evn though your jacks don't work, at least you have something.  Many, maybe most of us are still working on ours adding basic things - I still don't have any heat in mine.  While I plan to add some sort of leveling ability, I have so many other higher priorities, being able to level seems like a real luxury.

Are they hydraulic jacks? Where did they put them?  I've never seen jacks on an H coach, only air bag levelers.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
redbusnut

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 08:44:04 AM »

Hi H3Jim,I bought it from a place on consignment and he told me it had leveling jacks and I haven't had time to go over a pit. If it is air leveling he was talking about that works. When I got there to pick it up
the gen. wouldn't start and I had to be back to border before 3:30 to get through customs that day,so I told him not worry about it.Well the minute I put more fuel in ,the gen. started on it's own.So I want to take things slowly while I find out about things on it.It was owned by a mr. Jack Steward before.
Thanks
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 10:58:29 AM »

Not 45,H3 40 and Iam slowly trying to figure out everything. It has leveling jacks,but don't work
The person I bought it from was up front and said they weren't working . I am happy of what I got
and know there will be some problems as it is 15 yrs. old. When you buy it converted already, you don't feel like a bus converter, but am still a bus nut.

Not to worry, you will be a converter before long if you keep reading this board. You will not be able to leave that bus as is.

Lee  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: