Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 16, 2014, 08:38:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sticking throttle cable  (Read 889 times)
Eagle

1985 Eagle

Ignore
« on: February 19, 2007, 08:42:32 AM »

On my Eagle 10 the throttle cable is sticking.  The pedal will not return to normal position.  From the back of the coach everything works fine.  How is the best way to lubricate the cable?
akroyaleagle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 09:05:23 AM »

There are 4 grease points on the linkage behind the coolant crossover (Front of engine, toward rear of bus)
There are two points on each of the little towers. These are not easy to get to but with a flexible gun nozzle you will reach them. After you do this a few times, you will remote them to an easier access.
I find these need greasing more often than the rest of the bus.

Joe Laird
'78 Eagle
Huron, South Dakota
Eagle

1985 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 10:00:28 AM »

Joe everything is fine at the engine I can move the throttle linkage at the rear and they return to the normal position.  The problem I am having is with the throttle pedal.  If you push it to the floor it will not return to the normal position.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 08:33:44 AM »

Personally- would change to air throttle.  I have it on my bus and has a light pedal pressure.  Very reliable (crew boats use them) and if you have a manual transmission, the slight delay can be compensated for, in other words, you'd learn how to use it.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Eagle

1985 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 10:21:03 AM »

Thanks:  I found the problem it was the very bottom pin on the Morris pedal next to the floor.  Either dirt or the aluminum oxidized but a lot of PB Blaster solved the problem but taking the pedal assembly out and putting back in was a B***h for an old fellow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: