For months I've been in the process of emptying my old, nasty, critter ridden fuel tank and removing a totally unneeded auxilliary tank, (why would I want to carry 365 gallons of fuel with my little bays?).
The connecting line between the aux tank and the main tank was a 1 1/2" galvanized pipe about 18" long and hanging about 3" lower than the bay floor, near the center of the coach.
Well, the fuel has been gone for a long time, I've removed the connecting pipe and replaced it with a 1 1/2" brass plug and easy-outed the drain plug in the bottom of the main tank.
Today, while it was under 30°F I took my 5 gallon can over to our local filling station and bought 20 gallons of fuel, 5 gallons at a time.
After pouring the fuel in the tank and priming new fuel filters and installing them, I decided it was time to fire the old girl up.
I used the heat soak method, (turn over with closed rack, let sit, turn over again, let sit, etc.,), and then opened the rack up.
She spun over about 6 times and some smoke belched from her tailpipe stub!
I let her sit about 45 seconds more and hit the starter again and Poof! she was running as sweetly as she did before I emptied her tummy out.
Considering it's been under 50 degrees for the last week mostly, and dropping into the low 20's the last few nights, the motor was probably well below the freezing mark when I started this little foray!
By the way, I don't have a block heater on this engine, and probably wouldn't have used it until a much lower temperature anyway.
I guess you could say that I am a very happy camper!!!