Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 05:50:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truth in word- going by the book  (Read 1006 times)
Brill-o

Ignore
« on: February 20, 2007, 02:05:24 PM »

Hello, bus-friendsÖ

Thank you for asking on my health.
One easily forgets how convenient it is having all digits and joints performing as normal. I was quite complacent in this-
This last visit to hospital has been quite the eye-opener. More on this laterÖ

Before I explain where Iíve been, most here know I donít post much anyway, because I know so very little-
Iíve been scavenging up a manual since the last time Iíd wrote-

Suffice to say I now own not only a copy of the manual- but an excellent original as well!
With this finally out of the way, Iím hoping once Dallas & Cat are situated, I can give him everything he needs to commence the wiring/ maintenance work on Luray-

On Penny:
She has been checked on by a few other bus-nuts that went there for parts, and have given me a report;
Penny (from what I understand) has had a tire change, been aired up, and is now inside the shop. I hope this work will be completed soon, as itís taken a lot longer than previously promised. No major repairs(per-say), just a lack of initiative on their part-

Hereís what Iíve been up to:
I had a large cyst removed from under my shoulder blade.
At this time Iíve gained back 30% of the use of my left arm-
I still have extreme pain in my shoulder and cannot sit still long enough to writeóI have to write in snippets and save it as a draft.

Some things are a ridiculous production- like just putting a coat on. There are things I canít yet accomplish-- brushing my hair, and washing with that arm brings a crippling stab-, which stops me, cold-

What makes it worse is trying to do the usual at this time of yearócleaning the drive and bringing in the wood. Someone has to do it, and that someone has to be me.
One working arm or not--I just suck it up, cry bloody hell and get it done-

I donít know if this is the way it will be forever, or I can expect a brighter outlook. I will know more soon from my upcoming visit- hopefully they will offí up some kind of therapy if they can isolate the causeÖ

I may be under the knife again before itís all over.
Iím pretty sure itís now in the joint.

Iíll pop in and update.
Thanks once more,
Barry&Famí

PSóI like the new look of the siteÖ

Mind the Gap!
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 02:42:14 PM »

Sorry to hear of your troubles. But like my mortician friends say "everyday above ground is a good day"

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 03:18:37 PM »

Hey Barry,

Glad to hear your at least able to type a little at a time.

It's going to be the same with you as what you told me..... It Takes Time to Heal.

You just work on getting better and let us know what's happening when you can.

Dallas
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 04:01:45 PM »

You're in our prayers, Barry. 

One thing I want to know?  I'm sure you would be the first one to offer your help to a neighbor in need.  I believe that, in fact, you would feel like you were the one being blessed by helping someone who needs it. 

Therefore, my question is, why don't you bless someone by asking them for help with the driveway, etc.?  You may not think so, but someone out there would be thrilled that you asked them for assistance.  I wish I lived close to you.  I'd shovel your drive and gather your wood and I wouldn't even ask your permission... Cool

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 05:25:34 PM »

We're rooting for you, Barry. Hang tough.

Brian B.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 05:39:45 PM »

Barry,

Sorry to hear of your prediciment, but glad to hear from You!

You are in our thoughts and prayers and we know you will get through this.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 06:50:02 PM »

Barry, good to hear from you, and glad that the manual search worked out.  I've also been dealing with some medical issues, and the Doctor told me today that I had to remember - recovery takes both time and energy. 

Now, since neither of us made the annual dinner at the Bus Museum in Hershey, it may not be too early for you to plan on the June 2 open house at the new storage facility.  You can always use a hooked stick to close the car door and drive up.  If your wallet's hard to get to - so much the better if they have the bus-item flea market again this year.  If things work out, Phyllis and I are talking about stopping there with the 4107, on the way from Texas to bring the mother-in-law to Canada again. 

Arthur

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 06:58:33 PM »

Welcome back Barry!  Wondered where you were?   Hope your health issues are soon resolved! 
Time to get back to bus things!   Wink
Once Dallas gets your bus, I'll have to drive down there and have a look.  Won't be quite as far away.  Smiley
Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.Ē

Ayn Rand
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 09:21:30 PM »

Nice to hear from you, we are looking forward to more restoration updates. May God grant you a speedy and full recovery.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: