Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 09:01:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear glass windows  (Read 849 times)
rkillmon

Ignore
« on: February 21, 2007, 05:18:32 AM »

I'm a newbie and have tons of questions.
I need a bus with all the windows to help the co-pilot with motion sickness.
I noticed that a lot of buses don't have the rear window clear glass like the 4104 I used to drive.
Why?
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 06:31:19 AM »

One could speculate that the newer buses that are taller makes the glass so high its difficult to clean the windows.  Also being in the back, it would need to be cleaned more often due to oil and road dirt. 

Even a GM or Ford van - some have more windows than others, its juts the way they were made / ordered.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 07:39:59 AM »

Also-most of the MCI's have the radiators where the rear window should be.  Check out the MCI 102C3-it has huge windows and 6'10" headroom.  I don't think there is a highway bus made with rear windows anymore after GMC stopped making there buses.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 08:12:29 AM »

In the current issue of National Bus Trader, Larry Plachno writes about the new rear window option available on the Setra 417s, along with their Top-Sky glass roof.  Both options were on display at the UMA trade show in January.

Busted Knuckle would be in HEAVEN with one of these beauties!!   Grin Grin Grin

How many would you like, BK? 

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
S13406 Now
Fresno CA
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 08:18:00 AM »

I found that as a driver in a 35 foot bus you really could not see anything out the back window using the rear view mirror, so I closed mine in.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 08:24:53 AM »

I  like to be able to see out 360 degrees when I am parked, so I added two small Pennisula windows to the rear.  It surprised me how much it really helps with ventilation too.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: