Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 12:08:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is 40wt. selling for a gallon?  (Read 2188 times)
gus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 05:33:23 PM »

Our local WM carries CF2 in 30W but not 40. I use 30 in winter.

I just returned from another trip to the Home Depot in MS that had Rotella T 40W last year for $7.00+, it is now $9.50 and they were out. Some logger probably cleaned them out.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 06:18:33 PM »

This is just a rough idea that I haven't thought through too much but what if a deal was negotiated with a shop near one of the major rallies for an event discount on basic services such as oil, filters, etc.?  Perhaps prebooking the services so that they could have enough of the right parts, materials and labor scheduled would help get a steeper discount.  The volume incentive for the shop could be pretty strong while providing convenience and assured quality of service to the bus nuts at the rally.

It may not be practical and it may have been tried before, but it is just an idea.

I know of a shop that tried to do that exact type of idea by sponsoring a bus ralley in October that flopped! The shop offered free bay time in the shop, and reasonable rates on services. But had almost no attendance! Just my opinion for what it ain't worth!
BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 07:09:41 PM »

Just got home last Friday night in the big snow storm. Stopped at WM in Illinois to pick up a gallon of Rotella T 30, which i have always found there. I found none, and thought maybe it was just that store. So yesterday i stopped at my local WM and at first i could not find any there either. As i was leaving, i spotted it in the stereo section on the top of a shelf,,, sort of looking like they might not keep carrying it. I bought the last 8 gallons at 8.76 a gallon. I sure hope they are planning on keeping it on the shelf.

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
Timkar

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 07:18:32 PM »

Not quite sure how WM decides where to stock the 40W CF2. When I was bringing an MCI back from Ontario a couple of years ago it was at every WM I stopped at ,all the way to the West Coast.

Cawston, British Columbia
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 03:32:43 AM »

I know of a shop that tried to do that exact type of idea by sponsoring a bus ralley in October that flopped! The shop offered free bay time in the shop, and reasonable rates on services. But had almost no attendance! Just my opinion for what it ain't worth!
BK  Grin

I hear you BK.  I wish I could have been to your rally but I had other commitments that couldn't be changed.  Being that I already am in Tennessee, it would have been a great opportunity.  I know you put a lot of work into putting on that rally and I wish it had been more successful.  It is very difficult to pull people into new rallies, trade shows or conventions.  Irregardless of whether it is business, hobby or religous interests, a lot of folks have to choose one or two a year to attend and they will often go with what they are familiar with.  I know it was disheartening and you may not want to, but if host one each year, it will likely grow.

Again, I don't know if my idea of working out a discount on basic services like oil/filter/lube with a shop near an existing large rally would work either.  Just food for thought.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 03:44:45 AM by HighTechRedneck » Logged
Dallas

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 03:38:17 AM »

BK  Grin

I here you BK.  I wish I could have been to your rally but I had other commitments that couldn't be changed.  Being that I already am in Tennessee, it would have been a great opportunity.  I know you put a lot of work into putting on that rally and I wish it had been more successful.  It is very difficult to pull people into new rallies, trade shows or conventions.  Irregardless of whether it is business, hobby or religous interests, a lot of folks have to choose one or two a year to attend and they will often go with what they are familiar with.  I know it was disheartening and you may not want to, but if host one each year, it will likely grow.

Again, I don't know if my idea of working out a discount on basic services like oil/filter/lube with a shop near an existing large rally would work either.  Just food for thought.

Hey Bryce!
How about setting up another rally for this late summer or fall?

It doesn't look like Cat and I will be able to have one here, so maybe we cancoerce people into heading west!  Grin

Dallas

(Oh, yeah, Rotella is selling at the little convenience store by me for $54 per 6 gallon case.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 03:40:22 AM by Dallas » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: