Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 10:11:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiring Jake Buffer Switch  (Read 2773 times)
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 12:25:19 PM »

Chuck: Don't buy cube relays with a diode across the coil inside the case or you will be back to square one asking how to hook it up.
Happycampersrus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 01:48:43 PM »

Mine are wired just as Richard (DML)has suggested. I have a 6 relay block in the electrical panel for the engine controls. 2 relays for the jakes, 1 relay for the tranny cooling fan. 1 for the electric priming pump, and 2 spares.

This block (from Ebay) uses the plug in type Bosch relays or just use terminals. Any auto parts store will have these relays. If one should die just pull it and replace it, but haven't had any trouble since 2000.

No diodes in the cube relay, no problems either.

I wired this way because it's a long way from the dash to the engine and I was afraid the voltage drop would hurt the jake solenoids.

Dale

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: