Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 05:16:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Over-the-road Bus A/C Question...  (Read 11007 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2006, 01:47:53 PM »

Steve,

I'll bet you that the valve port to the left of the TX valve is one of your leak sources. Being coated with oil and grease seems

always tells of freon escaping. Try to see if that valve cap has a  O ring in it?  If not, put one!

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
El-Sonador

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2006, 08:46:40 AM »

Steve,

Your first pic. top dead center, Thats the expantion Valve! [thormo expantion valve or TX for short] Look for stamped #'s or print.

On your 2nd pic I see the WHITE reciever tank that is used for R-12, [still dosen't confirm] and the main story I see

is all your fittings are well established in corrosion. Looks to me like the system is orriginal R-12!

Let me know if you see anything on the TX.

Nick-

Nick... Hi
Can't find anything on that TX
Steve
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: