Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 06:34:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Prevost H3 series Parts  (Read 2075 times)
coachconverter

Ignore
« on: April 29, 2006, 07:17:51 AM »

Still hoping someone out there might see a wrecked, flooded, burned or just plain worn out H3 sitting someplace.  I need some body and frame pieces off of one.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Todd
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 08:05:22 AM »

For the most part they are worth fixing, so I suspect there are very few parts available. In the 3 years since I have been looking at or owning an H class, I have not seen any, and I have had my eye out for a source.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
coachconverter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 12:51:05 PM »

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the input.  I think you're right, but man those Prevost prices!!!!  Just for one of the OEM sliding T windows, $5995 EACH, the front cap is $13, 857.94

Unbelievable.  I think I'll be honing my fiberglass and sheetmetal skills pretty soon.

I get down to San Diego/Poway every few weeks, if you like please shoot me some contact info at coachconverter@yahoo.com.  I'd love to see your bus.

Thanks
Todd
H3Jim

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 01:14:41 PM »

I put in all 8 panels of double pane T sliding windows for less than your quoted price for one.  Penninsula glass.

Just because mine is sitting, doesn't mean its ready for Midnight Bus Salvage....

I'll email you off line, it will be fun to compare notes.  I like seeing what others have done, the many different ways to solve each issue.  Especially folks with similar coaches.

Tell us about yours, how you got it, what you've done to it
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 01:20:15 PM by H3Jim » Logged

Jim Stewart

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
busguy01

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 02:42:44 PM »

Are the sliders you used curved to fit the sidewall? I have an MCI E4500 that I need to put windows in and would be interested in finding a place to get curved ones!
Thanks JimH

Started with nothing - still have most of it left!
1963 Eagle 01 with Detroit 60 series done (Gone-sold!)
MCI EL3 in progress. raised roof & Slides
2009 Revolution 42 Sticks and staple
Summer - Yankton, South Dakota
Winter- Port St Lucie, Florida
H3Jim

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 03:17:24 PM »

I have an early year H model, and it has window frames - as opposed to the frame less windows since around 1998.  The advantage of the framed, is that I was able to put the frames of the Peninsula windows inside the Bus window frame.  The H model as you know also has curved windows, and Prevost is very proud of dual pane curved types, as noted below.  What Peninsula proposed was to make the replacements in two parts, both straight, just angle them.  The upper panel is angled slightly up, the lower panel is angled slightly down.  I was pretty skeptical at the time, but I am extremely pleased with how they look and of course how they work. The lowers are sliders, the uppers are solid.  Straight glass is way cheaper than the curved.  After all is said and done, I might have even opted for this look over the  curved. 

I have a picture posted in the picture section if you want to take a look at them (better than my avatar), or I can send more if you are interested in seeing more.

Jim Stewart

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: