Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 14, 2017, 11:07:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Navigation system  (Read 1599 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« on: February 22, 2007, 03:11:42 PM »

This new stationary unit is better then my $2000 unit.

It has alot more features and around $1000.  Theese units are perfect for a bus, check out the video.

They are due to hit the stores in March.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/top/cat/article/0,,2076_310069607_411376305,00.html

I'm not trying to sell anything, I just love my unit and the price came way down.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 04:39:13 PM »

Nick,

That's really nice.... Wink

Not that there is anything wrong with all the hi-tech dashboards... Roll Eyes

But who is paying attention to the road while you fiddle with the "touch screen" ?

Too many buttons, lights, gauges, dials, indicators, screens and video info all within reach
of the driver can turn into a very dangerous situation is about 3 seconds... Shocked Shocked

Very cool system, wish I had a grand to buy another toy.. Or maybe not... My Brain Hurts already....

Dave....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 03:12:23 AM »

I am sure that I will want for this when I am lost and my trucker atlas does not have the streets listed I need.
The electronics are great and always come down in price when they dream up the next generation of stuff to market.
How large are the fonts and the type. My eyes are getting lazy and tuff to see my obdometer numbers at night.
I think I agree with DrDave when driving, but I will wish I had one next time I am lost.
Gary

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
Dallas

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 04:09:45 AM »

Nick,
I may be on a bodget for my conversion, but I really don't need fancy electronics to give me directions. I have a wife for that.

She's Always willing to tell me where to go!  Wink

Dallas
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 09:51:17 AM »

That's really neat, but the "play" factor is dangerous, as mentioned earlier.  You can bet that something bigger and better, (or smaller and better) will be brought out shortly. 
I have a simple AM/FM cassette with 6 CD changer, and bought a Magellan Nav system that just suction cups to the windshield.  Then you can use it in any car.  Granted, it doesn't have all the way points, but boy it did a great job on our last 17 day 2300 mile trip through Arizona, Utah and Nevada.  Only once did it goof up when there were two parks of the same name (one public and one state run).  I'll just stick to my simple stuff.  If that Pioneer all in one craps out, your without everything.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 08:41:58 AM »

Tom, good point about system failure.  Last summer on a 3500 mile trip, the desktop computer I was using for the Copilot GPS system, would not boot up properly.  So at about the halfway point, all the way home, I had no GPS system.  Once you start depending on these things, its no fun to have to be without.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
oldmansax

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 09:12:40 AM »

I am NEVER lost.  Huh Huh Huh ... it's just sometimes I don't know exactly where I am!! Grin Grin Grin

Was it Yogi Berra that said,"If you don't know where you are going, you might end up somewhere else!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: