Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 09:37:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robin Williams in RV + Flxible!  (Read 5660 times)
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« on: April 29, 2006, 07:20:20 AM »

Went out to see a movie on our double date night and saw the opener of RV with Robin Williams.  The movie is a hilarious adventure well worth paying full ticket prices for.  My wife and I have not laughed SOOOO much at a movie in a very long time.  However, that is not why I'm posting about the movie.  Not to spoil the fun for everyone, but there is a VERY nice Flxible that debuts in the movie.  The bus is portrayed very nicely and is well worth watching the movie for.  What a beauty and I'm sure none of you will be dissapointed.

As a side note, I can't believe I'm the first one posting on this!  Doesn't anyone on this board get out to see movies?   Wink I mean, come on guys, the movie has Robin Williams in it! 

http://movies.earthlink.net/movies/app/moviedetails?movie_id=52940
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 12:57:11 PM »

[

As a side note, I can't believe I'm the first one posting on this!  Doesn't anyone on this board get out to see movies?   Wink I mean, come on guys, the movie has Robin Williams in it! 

If I went to the movies, I would'nt have time to read and post on the bus boards.lol

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 03:09:06 PM »

Yes Ed,

We too, just saw it. We thought it was funny!  Robin Williams, Jeff Danials, A old Flex, Couldn't ask for more.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
highwayrunner

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 07:00:55 PM »

We got to see the movie in a sneak preview at the FMCA Rally in Pomona, it was so funny! Everyone will see something funny in it. Not too many great shots of the "good stuff" in the bus but, the movie does have Robin Williams. Steve, says quite a few scenes with a 50's classic Flxible that is a pleasure to see, anyone that has spent any time in an RV will LOVE this movie. This movie is a MUST OWN when it comes out on DVD. You have to see it just for the toliet scene, oh and the aniimals and the neighbors, the list goes on and on. It seems we have all "been there and done that" for one thing or another in this movie.  Grin

Go see it!

Steve and Cindi Z
MC9

~z~
mak

Southern California location

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 10:34:37 PM »

Speaking of movies.... a few (10) years back, Steve Matrin stared in a movie "Leap of Faith" He was traveling around in 2 GMC 4905's. preaching.  Good movie, but a great movie for me because I sold them the buses, retro fitted them, raised the roof in the back of one (it was kinda odd looking) painted them etc.  After they used them for the movie, they sold them back to me. I should have keep them.... oh well, it was a fun movie. If I remember, it starts off with the driver of the bus racing down the road, and then being pulled over for speeding, and went from there. Fun movie, worth the rental price.
mak

I may have started it, but you'll have to finish it!
Located in So CA (Orange County)
ghanson

MC 9

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 05:02:33 AM »

Further, Leap of Faith has a great soundtrack.  Worth seeing the movie just for that.  I just rented one of his latest movies, Shopgirl, and I sure don't know what happened to him  Steve Martin is off my list.... 

Back on topic,  who did you sell the busses to, and do you know where they are now?

redbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 05:30:34 AM »

MOVIES Huh   How do you find time to work on the bus & read the posts Huh

Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
www.awayweare.blogspot.com/
larryc

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 03:51:43 PM »

Just as a side note. Coach Information Network - www.coachinfo.com - supplied the manuals, on CD,  for the Flxible Clipper seen in this movie. Don't know if we got any notice in the credits.

LarryC

Bus Maintenance, Parts and Operators Manuals
Coach Information Network  www.coachinfo.com

Videos and Photos from the dean of
bus photographers, Bob Redden
Redden Archives   www.reddenarchives.com
Greg Roberts

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 05:59:35 PM »

Jeff Daniels is a fellow bus nut. Gotta like this guy not only for his acting ability!!

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2006/04/10/john_travolta_has_planes_jeff_daniels_ha

Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
belfert

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 07:57:40 PM »

Jeff Daniels is a fellow bus nut. Gotta like this guy not only for his acting ability!!

There was an article on Jeff Daniels' RV in Life magazine recently.  (Life Magazine is now inserted in many Friday newspapers.)

Brian Elfert
pandagirl

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 12:38:28 PM »

Went out to see a movie on our double date night and saw the opener of RV with Robin Williams.  The movie is a hilarious adventure well worth paying full ticket prices for.  My wife and I have not laughed SOOOO much at a movie in a very long time.  However, that is not why I'm posting about the movie.  Not to spoil the fun for everyone, but there is a VERY nice Flxible that debuts in the movie.  The bus is portrayed very nicely and is well worth watching the movie for.  What a beauty and I'm sure none of you will be dissapointed.

http://http://movies.earthlink.net/movies/app/moviedetails?movie_id=52940
Songman

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 09:12:23 AM »

Here's a good article that tells a lot about the coaches...

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/tools/story_pf.asp?ID=128377
gmorton

'52 Beck; '61 4106; '84 LeMirage

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 10:19:10 PM »

Speaking of movies.... a few (10) years back, Steve Matrin stared in a movie "Leap of Faith" He was traveling around in 2 GMC 4905's. preaching.  Good movie, but a great movie for me because I sold them the buses, retro fitted them, raised the roof in the back of one (it was kinda odd looking) painted them etc.  After they used them for the movie, they sold them back to me. I should have keep them.... oh well, it was a fun movie. If I remember, it starts off with the driver of the bus racing down the road, and then being pulled over for speeding, and went from there. Fun movie, worth the rental price.
mak

Mak, My brother owns one of those buses now.  He has the one with the raised roof in the back.  It still has the original painting that you did.  The front of it is painted, "Miracles and Wonders".  I'll upload a recent picture soon. It runs great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: