Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 03:58:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEED HELP WITH SUTDOWN "TELLTALE  (Read 1214 times)
highwayrunner

Ignore
« on: April 28, 2006, 08:29:22 PM »

Hi All. need info. I broke down on the highway the other day. engine shutdown, couldn't figure out what was wrong. dash lights showed "hot engine" and "low oil" I checked the oil and it was full, and the engine was not overheated, manual temp gauge in the rear reading 185. took one bolt out of the telltale and moved it aside. started the engine just fine. still had hot engine and low oil lights on but not correct. drove to campground... about thirty miles with no problem and showing 185 temp and 60 psi oil. tied starting next morning and with telltale connected it shut the engine down as soon as it had air pressure. about three minutes. where do i start with this, bad sensor ? or relays? or am I even on the right track. any advice will be appreciated
Steve and Cindi 82 mc9

~z~
Footloose

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 06:38:22 AM »

It could be the low oil pressure sending unit that is shutting you down. You can check this by disconnecting the wire from it also.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 12:24:34 PM »

You can check the engine stop relay but it's probably one of the sensors.

There are two hot engine sensors, one on each side, and one oil pressure. There may be a low coolant sensor, also.

If it shuts down when the air gets up, this should be pretty easy. Disonnect one wire at a time. Start the engine. if it shuts down, that's not the right one. Put it back on and try another one.

If it still stops after you've checked all sensors (2 temp, 1 oil pressure, 1 low coolant) then it's probably the relay. If not, then you may have a short to ground in the circuit.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 09:38:56 PM »

Steve, I left ya a pretty long response on BNO, if these don't help call me at 731-885-7460 Bryce

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: