Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 05:39:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Tank Issues  (Read 3971 times)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2007, 03:10:57 PM »

Can that vent go thru the floor in the cargo compartment or does it have to go thru the roof?

Also, if it can go thru the floor, could a person have two vent tubes in which one is angle cut to scoop in air while driving and the other angle cut to exhaust the air.  It would seem that the more air circulating thru it the better. (aerobic action)

Just ventin,
     Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2007, 03:17:11 PM »

Chaz,

YOu can do the multi vent thing, although I'm not sure its necessary. I do have one of those venturi caps on mine, but since I am parked a lot more than I am driving I'm not sure how much good it does.  Of course when the wind blows it probably helps.

I find the grey tank is more smelly than the black.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2007, 07:38:26 PM »

Chaz my vent pipe comes out of the top (side) and goes straight downward thru the bay floor. It then goes rearward a short distance with a baloney (angle) cut on the end! I have yet to smell anything while sitting or moving!

It worked for me but I'm the one with the round aluminum black/grey tank that is hung from the rafters! LOL

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
gus

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2007, 09:35:52 PM »

kyle4501 sums it up as well as anything I have seen on this string so far, short and to the point.

My tank doesn't have a vent, the top flap is loose and it vents there (It appears to be a farm tractor spray tank). I know, I know-but that's the way the PO built it. Amazingly enough I've had no problems with it so far but do plan to run a vent through the floor.

Another really weird thing is that the commode is on the opposite side from the tank (one tank only) and the sewer pipe from it to the tank has very little slope!! According to everything I've read this won't work but it does, even on an opposite slanted parking spot?? This thing defies all common sense but works fine. Go figure!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2007, 04:32:33 PM »

Thanx guys. Being such a sh***y subject, I want to do it right the first time.  Wink 

So, the two vent idea really is a method? Hmmmm.... Go figure.

What about that venturi cap? Are those also mounted underneath?

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: