Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 09:08:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCI dash fix  (Read 1001 times)
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« on: March 09, 2007, 05:07:51 PM »

Working on my wiring and I had a local trophy shop engave some plactic for me. I plan to put led in the holes and lights under the engraved area. Hope this may help someone with a dash idea.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
captain ron

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 05:49:02 PM »

Tom, Do you have all of the names for each light? mine needs to be redone also but the name thingies are missing off of some? MCI 8
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 10:14:22 AM »

Tom, Do you have all of the names for each light? mine needs to be redone also but the name thingies are missing off of some? MCI 8
Here Ron,
Air & water are hard to see in this photo.

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 11:20:51 AM »

Ron, Mine did not have as many as Eds. But as you can it has less now. I laid it out with what I wanted.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 07:28:53 PM »

Tom,
I've been thinking about the dash thing myself and wondering how I would do it.  I really like your idea and it looks like it turned out really well.  I'd be interested in a "night time" shot at some point when you have lights hooked up to see how it looks.  Great thinking there ...

-Brian
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 08:14:44 AM »

That looks great, Tom. I guess you had seperate L/R turn signals or rewired?

I'm planning to move or parallel the turn signal indicators and the brake light to above the dash pod somehow. I must make a great effort to see them in their current location. They should almost be line-of-sight, imho.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »

Here is a photo of our new instrumant panel. The LEDs above the Speedo & Tack are the warning and information LEDs (Turn signals, Low air, Low oil, hot engine, Brake lights, etc.) The "STOP NOW" warning lights such as low oil, hot engine and low air also have audible warnings. The "STOP LATER" warnings such as low tag, no charge, do not have audibles.  The other phot is the instrument panel at nigh iluminated with red LEDs.  Jack
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 03:32:54 PM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: