Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 01:09:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O/T OFF TOPIC SUBJECTS  (Read 3793 times)
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2007, 07:15:09 PM »

Redneck and Cat it's no big deal anymore. It's not everyone on here.

Carry on...

and thanks

Ace
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 05:44:48 AM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2007, 05:37:46 AM »

I agree with Cat and Ace, Putting all the OT threads in one threads make it a HodgePodge of unrelated subjects. It also increases the number of "sticky" threads on the manin board. The way it was, if a thread didnot interest you, you did not have to read it, but at least you knew the subject without going to a separate thread just to see what new threads had been added. Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2007, 05:41:47 AM »

Sorry Guy's,

I'm not liking this one either..

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2007, 06:36:01 AM »

It amazes me WHY people have to mess with stuff that is not broken.

This sliding of topics to combined threads and moving stuff off to other places is getting sort of confusing to say the least.

Looks now like too many moderators all with different opinions all moving stuff in random acts.....

I thought the general idea of the new board was to make viewing and posting faster and easier so that people could
get in and out and make bandwidth available for others to do the same.

Now most of the time it's all running slower and unresponsive because of all the extra directions and difficulty to sorting
through which message belongs where and how to find current messages.

Geez You guys are starting to remind me of lawyers with nothing better to do than screw up the works !

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007, 06:59:18 AM »

Yep. You are all right. It was a bad idea. Since Nick had done that for mechanical parts, it seemed like maybe it would work for the OT items.
In defense I have to say that it nobody ever tried anything new, we would still be using the old board.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007, 07:37:20 AM »

DML, while I was a critic of the combined thread, I appreciate the intention of innovating and trying to improve things, even when they don't work out.

Since Nick had done that for mechanical parts, it seemed like maybe it would work for the OT items.

Actually, I'm not real fond of the concept of the other combined thread either.  I feel like the only time combining threads really works is when there are two parallel threads discussing the exact same topic.  (The only reason I started the separate thread for the poll was that I don't think there is a way to add a poll to an existing thread.)  I just think it gets confusing when there are multiple conversations taking place together in one space.

In any case, whatever works for the group is fine by me.  Just try not to confuse me, life does enough of that already!  Grin
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2007, 06:51:23 PM »

A little lady at the rest home says to the man sitting next to her: "Ill bet I can guess your age."

The man says: "I doubt it."

"Stand up" she says.

He does.

"Turn around" she says.

He does.

"Drop your pants" she says.

He does.

"You're 89" she says.

"Thats right, how do you know" he says.

"You told me yesterday"

Disclaimer:  I didn't make this one up, I don't remember where I heard it, and I'm reasonably sure it hasn't been posted on this board previously.

tg

I wouldn't worry about it if I were either of you...the joke's not that funny Grin

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: