Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 06:59:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KOA doesn't like Buses?  (Read 5956 times)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2007, 11:37:44 AM »

Any reason you could not stay at the campground that you are bidding on? I do not recall Dallas saying anything about it being closed.
Richard

I guess this means there is no use in me making reservations there when I come down for the auction Smiley You will have to find another option for me assuming I put together the financing.  Grin

I don't think you have any grounds for legal action either, but I think any anti-bus  regulations should be publicized  in any way possible.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Kmon

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2007, 02:38:37 PM »

I stayed at a KOA(Ft. Collins, CO) for 6 months(Jun. to Dec.) and am staying at one now (Pueblo, CO KOA) month to month and have had no problems, and no mention of them not taking busses.  Sounds like a decision by the owner to me.  They do have a right to pick and choose who stays on their property.

1989 MCI 102A3
8V92
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2007, 03:16:37 PM »

I stayed at the Twin Falls, Idaho KOA last Memorial Day weekend, for a BASE jumping expedition to the Perinne Bridge.
When I pulled up to registration, the owner asked if my 39' Thomas diesel pusher skoolie was a converted city or school bus, then pointed me toward my parking spot.
I also purchased a KOA card during my stay, and would be mighty pissed if I were turned away from a KOA...anywhere.

Jay
87 Thomas SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2007, 05:07:45 PM »

The skoolie is short, maybe 24 feet, it is bright red and kinda cute.  The manager said he went to a KOA university and no bus of any kind is allowed in any KOA, anywhere, under any circumstance.    Funny thing though, I got on the phone this AM and called 2 different KOA's and they both told me there is no rule, new or old, that ban's busses from their campgrounds.  In fact, they both offered to let us book space to hold a bus rally.   One even said they would give us the rec room key to use the entire time we were there and there would be no charge for it. 

Richard, we couldn't stay at the other campground because they shut the power and water off and we really didn't think we wanted to be there for 6 weeks or so without those necessities. 

H3Jim, how could he not like us?Huh!!!!!  Actually, he told us we weren't welcome, immediately after watching the clerk process our payment.  He made a point of not telling us BEFORE we paid.  He never got a chance to know us.  He claims he told KOA we were good people and they said it didn't matter, we had to move.  Wonder what he will say when he finds out he is the only KOA that is turning busses away..  HMMMM, how could anyone not like us???   LOL

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2007, 05:46:01 PM »

First of all, I'm on your side.  Sounds like you're just dealing with some jerk who isn't the brightest bulb in the string.  Seems like he has a burr in the saddle, for whatever reason,and is only capable of shooting from the hip. Not our kind of cowboy!  I'm betting your enemy here is the park owner and not KOA.

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2007, 11:29:59 PM »

Sorry BubbaGal, I was tryng to be funny.  I can't imagine why not either, and I'd like to meet you and Dallas some day.  It obvious that Hi Yo Silver is correct  - they have a burr in their saddle and it probably has little or nothing to do with you - its just their history.

Some folks in this world are just like that.  And it still hurts my feelings too when it happens to me as well.  I guess all  you can do is deal with it, go on, and enjoy all the friends and good people you do have.

And what a jerk telling you that AFTER you paid!

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2007, 02:33:51 AM »

Strange. The KOA site advertises that location as being able to handle up to 90' combinations without unhooking at some of their sites.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2007, 04:30:54 AM »

H3Jim, don't apologize.  I took it as a joke and no offense was taken. I keep forgetting that when you put in lots of ? marks it turns into a  mad/frowning face.  Cat

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2007, 04:55:24 AM »

Dallas just told me of a suggestion that was made in the chatroom last night.  How about if you busnuts all email the Florence KOA and ask him why he doesn't like busses.  In your letter you could tell him if you have camped or are camping in a KOA with no problem.  I personally called 2 different KOA's yesterday and was told there is no rule, new or old, that bans busses.  The first one got the managers approval, not just the clerks.  Both sites agreed to allow a bus rally to be held at their location. At one I even asked about my getting a KOA Value card and was told  that even as a bus owner I could buy one.  The email address is florencesckoa@aol.com.  If you do this, please let us know what the response is, if any.  Cat

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2007, 05:04:57 AM »

We plan to be in the Florence area in mid May for a few days before going to Myrtle Beach for a large bus conversion rally at the North Myrtle Beach Travel Park. I read on a bus conversion bulletin board that you do not allow bus conversions or motorhomes over 35'.  Is this Correct? Our Coach is a 40' 2003 conversion.  Jack Conrad

Good idea. Above is what I sent to the campground. Although our coach is a 73, the CONVERSION was completed in 2003, so therefore it is a 2003 conversion.  Jack
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 05:12:26 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2007, 06:54:08 AM »

I did one better than that. I called them! Talked to a nice young girl named Tanya. Told her I would be in the Florence area in Mid May and wanted some info about the KOA there in Florence. She said they had grass sites and some concrete pads with full hookups. Free internet blah blah blah. I went on to tell her I had a 40 foot coach. I also lied and said it was a 1992 Prevost bus conversion valued at around $240K (I said I lied) She said no problem that they could handle it and she has seen busses like it there in the past. I told her I was calling ahead out of concern because friends of mine were told that would be  turned away because bus conversions were not allowed in the park regardless of the size. She immediately advised me to call back in 10-15 minutes and talk to a lady mgr. named Chris!

Ok here goes!

Be back soon!

Ace 

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2007, 07:07:24 AM »

Ok just called back and got Tanya. Told her it was me returning the call to Chris and she said hold on. A VERY nice lady (Chris) got on the phone and I proceeded to explain that we would be in the area (I used Jack's Dates of Mid May) and she said that they have the Darlington race that month and I would need exact dates to see if I could get in the main park or the overflow. Good to know if I wanted to go to the raqce that would have a place to stay! Anyway I went on to tell her about my RV and she said that it would definitely not be a problem even though it was a bus. I explained my call was out of concern because friends of mine were told they could not stay because it was a bus conversion. She said and I quote, you have to understand that some bus conversions are very OLD! Some have come in here and had to be towed out. If your telling me that your bus is in nice condition and it is when you arrive, there will not be a problem. There are some that are just an eyesore and really could use some help! I said I understand and just wanted to check ahead before coming asll that way to be forced to look for another place to stay when I got there! She said no problem and when I come just tell them that Chris said it was ok for us to check in!

So... I see no problem!

Case closed in my book!

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2007, 08:34:51 AM »

Well, I would guess that with my fading, peeling roof paint my bus would not be welcome there. AngryCry  I donít like sardine camping anyway, so no loss for me. Cool

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2007, 08:58:53 AM »

Yep, it is kind of like apartment complexes that limit tenants to two cars.  If someone ends up with 3-4 cars but they are all shiny new ones, no problem.  But if one happens to be an oxidzed old pickup, watch out, here comes the warning letter.  Society is indeed vane and most people judge a book by its cover.
Old4103

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2007, 09:10:49 AM »

Gee, Thanks, Ace.

What you have proven is that if you have a nice looking coach or a Marathon, fairly new, and pleasing to the eye, you are welcome anywhere.

Good for you.

Dallas
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: