Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 04:44:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found a diesel genset for a bus nut!  (Read 3982 times)
4104bigred

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 12:17:55 PM »

YOU PEOPLE THAT RUN AND I SAY RUN LOOSELY ARE VERY VERY LIKE DICTATORS AND OH OH DONT FORGET IF ONE OF YOUR BUDDIES WANTS TO SELL OR ENDORSE A PRODUCT WELLLLLLL THATS OK

SEEEEYYAAAAAA

CHRIS ARMSTRONG
231 846 0880
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 12:26:36 PM »

Sorry You Had to Leave so SOON Chris

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 12:34:11 PM »

My bad, in no way was I trying to subvert the rules. I guess I did not see the competition between MAK classified and this item on the "clist" . I was only trying to send the busnut group a heads up. I now see the variety of opinions and appreciate the financial and non-financial support for this board. I personally am very grateful for the information I receive and would stop immediately my conversion project if the board no longer functioned as an educational tool.

I apologize for kicking the hornet's nest over. In the future, when not sure of the policy, I will send an email to the moderators and get their approval first.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

Grant
Sacramento

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 12:39:44 PM »

Hi Grant & Folks,

I would not have a problem with the direction of a generator sale if [my first rule No Prices, second, I always check MAK's listings first]

Nick Badame-

Nick, you did not see the posting but it did break both your rules. The price was listed ($5,000) and there was almost an identical item on the MAK classified. There was also a photograph and some other technical details.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 12:50:56 PM »

First, Grant, No need to Aplologize.....

It's a honest mistake. Truely.

Second, Richard, I didn't see the post at our moderators board. ?

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 12:53:53 PM »

The post is still here with the link removed. The link is on the moderator board.
Richard

First, Grant, No need to Aplologize.....

It's a honest mistake. Truely.

Second, Richard, I didn't see the post at our moderators board. ?

Nick-

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Sojourner

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 08:16:12 PM »

Moderators are great but need keep improving as times go along. After all we are all human being........we are thriving to do the best ways possible.

However this my opinions as follow;
MAK board's moderator should have never allow it in the post in the first place if it not within the rule as per Mike. But to have confer with the poster for correction if possible. In this case moderator is to ask poster for a link (Craigs List) to this ad before being post on the MAK board.

This way no body would have known what happen.........now it already happen to make more confusion & upsetting.

Beside it moderator's job to keep it simple...not us poster because there will be someone who want to post anything that not caring what the rule is.

Moderators...if you want this job of keeping within the rule...then moderator it and confer that poster to get it right before on the board. Otherwise let it go.

About $50 limit .........should never be in the rule because if same item is $49 at one place & $51 at another place.  This rule should be removed.

Moderating this board is NOT a part time job...its a full time. To keep any of "uncorrected" post being leaking into this board....is to have moderators confer each other it schedule to be policing the board full time or to have new posts be on hold until it been reviewed.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 09:44:38 PM by Sojourner » Logged
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2007, 09:24:51 PM »

Rather ridiculous to say that MAK is in competition with Craig's list.  That's like me saying that my bus conversion is trying to compete with Winnebago.  Mak may have a few listings, but how can that be competing with Craig's list that has hundreds of thousands of listings in just about every category you could think of?  Let's get realistic here.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 10:17:58 PM »

I like it when others share what they have found or their good deals. I feel that if they are not profiting from sharing the information, then it should be allowed; otherwise take out a classified if thatís the rules. I donít see how there could ever be much money made if the other board (BNO) is available to list for free. There are a lot of us here that cross between the two, and honestly that is one feature that I really like about the other one. Oh, and can I mention ebay? I admit I am just about everywhere, looking at everybodyís stuff. I do subscribe to the magazine, but I know that only goes so far in support of this site. I would think that the real money to be made is to make the site as popular as possible to attract the real commercial advertising money. I am not in any way an expert in any of this, but it seems thatís what successful websites do.

While Iím here, this is a site I have been going to for years and thought I would share it with those who havenít heard of it:

http://www.fatwallet.com/c/18/  (No bus connections so it should be safe)

I have landed some screaming deals through it. It takes a few days to get the hang of it but I have found it to be a great web resource when I am in the shopping mode.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2007, 03:58:36 AM »

I suggested at the beginning of this new board format that folks should be able to advertise anything bus related, no matter the value
IF THEY SUBSCRIBE TO THE MAGAZINE
Seems like a no brainer to me, but what do I know?

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2007, 07:48:26 AM »

I suggested at the beginning of this new board format that folks should be able to advertise anything bus related, no matter the value

I agree. Seems like a reasonable compromise.

belfert

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2007, 11:31:17 AM »

Do we really want the forum overrun by ads from people who subscribe to the magazine?

A magazine subscription costs less than a classified ad so folks will end up buying subscriptions just to advertise here.  Maybe it would work with a seperate forum just for ads.

Brian
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2007, 02:16:27 PM »

The other board is not overrun by ads. The more magazines you sell, the higher the revenue gained by subscriptions and ads (commercial). That would mean more money. Letís face it; I donít think that the paid ads now amount to much at all.

Ace

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2007, 02:55:03 PM »

"Do we really want the forum overrun by ads from people who subscribe to the magazine?"

I don't know! Now that I think about it, it may not be such a bad idea! I would rather be over run by 400  mag scribers that use their "real" name than those here that don't! Have you seen how many NEW members there are here that are fake? Hey, but it's the numbers that make this board look so good to the upper eichelon's, so I'm told, not so much on how it's run! Smiley

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
airless

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2007, 03:40:04 PM »

I try to ignore posts like this but this time it irked me enough.   This series of posts are the reason that a commercial company should not have a board that is to help members. This makes the board nothing but a board to help that company. I am probably out of place and so be it but I really feel that the company should be interested in the growing of the community an not just their wallet. I would be more likely to purchase from a company that is striving to help then I am from one that is just censoring.

Oh well my 2 cents worth Information sharing is the reason for these boards without it then these boards are pretty useless.

Do the mods that show ads in their names pay for ads on mak also? and do they pay for each time they use their name? Each time they post their ad is picked up by google and helps their website so I was wondering if they also pay for that click per site.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 04:07:01 PM by airless » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: