Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 18, 2018, 06:21:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cracks in new block wall  (Read 3923 times)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Webmaster

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 07:27:41 AM »

Nothing has been said up to this point except a "good Morning" from him when they showed up yesterday! I grumbled back, "I guess" and went about my business with "Bud" and soon left for the race track!

Time will tell...

Patience is indeed a virture.  However in this situation, maintaining silence on the subject could later be used by him to indicate that thought you had accepted his initial response and were now ok with it.
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 09:11:37 AM »

Bob everyone I talk to says that the cracks can be fixed. The problem is, the contractor hasn't done anything with them yet though he said he would.

I'm no expert on concrete.  I do have some experience with it but you know what that could easily be - 30 years of experience doing it wrong.  I will however be very interested in hearing what happens with your wall because I don't know any practical way of "fixing" cracks in concrete short of injecting epoxy.  If the cracks are getting worse then I suspect the problem is the footing rather than the wall and there is no practical way to fix that after the wall is up.  IMHO

R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)
My website
Our weblog
What's behind you doesn't matter - Enzo Ferrari
busnut104

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 09:43:33 AM »

Ace: no one should get away with the typ of job you have, I would make them start over. You will have to live with this, and every time you go into the shop you will think of this even if you cover it up. You paid good money for a good job and that is what you should get. If nothing else to me it would be a matter of principal. Good luck and hang in there.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 11:21:53 AM »

Ace,
I think I would hang on to the final draw for as long as possible.  This contractor sounds like someone who will not be there for you after he is paid.

As for the cracks,  take several pieces of regular window glass about 1" x 6" and epoxy them  across the cracks and take some pics.  If there is any more settling, the glass will break.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: