Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 01:49:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finished battery slide out tray  (Read 3911 times)
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 05:56:06 PM »

The picture I was looking at first appeared as though the outside end was on the ground, meaning it needed to be picked up and slid back in. That is clearly not the case! My 3rd bearing is in the middle of the track and  keeps it supported when the first set of bearings roll off and out of the track! No need to lift it and roll it back in. It stays the same level all thru the travel!

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
gr8njt

MCI-9 Crusader II

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 07:29:44 PM »

The picture I was looking at first appeared as though the outside end was on the ground, meaning it needed to be picked up and slid back in. That is clearly not the case! My 3rd bearing is in the middle of the track and  keeps it supported when the first set of bearings roll off and out of the track! No need to lift it and roll it back in. It stays the same level all thru the travel!
Ace
I see what you're saying. All your 3 sets of bearings are attached to the tray. Your first set of bearings "roll off" the tracks when extended and if there are only two sets, the front of the tray will fall down. This is where you needed the 3rd set. Does the center set of rollers roll off the tracts too when the tray is completely extended out? Are they located closer to the rear bearings?

I designed the roller locations differently wherein they are always in constant "work".
2 pairs are fixed on the frame and 3rd pair is fixed on the back of the tray and slides with it.  This 3rd pair (on the tray) holds the back in place when tray is not extended. No bearings fall off the tract at any given time. On full extention, the 3 sets of bearings become adjacent to each other for added strength and leverage.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 07:32:58 PM by gr8njt » Logged

****1982 MCI-9 Crusader-II Bus Conversion****
R&M 102 C-3 style Front & Rear cap with louver kit
smooth side kit, dash-board kit, one piece siding
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 05:05:40 AM »

Yež you are correct. All 3 of my bearings are located on the tray. Thay are equally apart and the tray only goes out to where the middle set of bearings are located. For the generator, this was plenty far enough. After the first set rolls out, I insert a pin "stop" to keep it from accidentally being pulled out too far. You used a similar idea on your rollers but different! Yours seemed to be fixed to the frame where all of  mine are on the moving tray. Both good ideas for anyone wanting to build their own!
Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 08:36:29 AM »

Sorry to say but that design will not work in a MCI.  I can give you scrape iron price for it if you pay the shipping. Please ship to ....

Very nice work! I AM taking notes.
uemjg
jerry

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 07:02:16 PM »

what about the problem of venting?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: