Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 01:11:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Microwave Convection Ovens  (Read 5246 times)
Chuck Newman

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 07:20:15 AM »

Cliff,

An important issue:  How are you going to use your bus?  Weekends only?  Lenghly trips?  Fulltiming?  Do you and/or your partner like to cook on the road?

If you plan on being plugged in to a post or running a generator much of the time, as mentioned above the convection oven will work fine.

We will be full timers and  plan to boondock much of the time.  We have a gen, inverter, and microwave, but for serious lengthly cooking/baking, we opted for a full range with oven.  Quiet and efficient.  Low energy use.  If you wait for certain times of the year, I got my Amana range from a Camping World sale for less than I would pay at and RV Surplus store.

Everyone has different needs and wants.  That's one of the advantages of converting a bus vs buying a commercial rig.  Put those items in it that will suit your
lifestyle.

Chuck Newman

1989 MCI 102A3, Series 50, DDEC III, Allison 740D
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2006, 11:31:45 PM »

I am old fashion, in that I have a three burner stove with oven beneath.  Above the vent is the Sharp microwave that is very fast!  The microwave is the same width as the stove.  On my bus I only have two propane powered appliances-the stove/oven and the furnace.  I like that when using the oven, it can be a silent affair with no generator or fan running.  As to space consumption, the convection is alot larger than the microwave.  With taking the oven out and using a cook top with the much larger convection oven, I'd bet that the size difference between the stove top and convection compared to the stove/oven with microwave would be very close.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: