Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 01:36:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what material do I use on the walls that will bend to the curve above the window  (Read 3014 times)
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 07:54:02 AM »

You can get lengths of ready-curved plywood in a variety of radii, and veneered in a variety of wood species, which is ideal for use in cabinetry and fit-out work in buses or boats (they are particularly used in boats, where it is good idea to avoid sharp corners and edges on the interior as much as possible).

If you open this PDF you will see some:

http://www.robbins.co.uk/Pdf%20Files/pl44_laminate_panels.pdf

The same company does bendy plywood too, plus all sorts of other useful products - I am getting all my Cherry veneered plywood from them.

As a possible cheaper option to the corner profiles mentioned above, I have also found that builders' merchants sell a range of pre-made curved 4mm ply lengths sold for 'boxing-in' pipework etc in houses. The radius on these may be too small for your particular application, but worth knowing about anyway:

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: