Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 09:00:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Posting Pictures  (Read 13222 times)
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2006, 01:07:18 PM »

I hope you enjoy my project...Thanks for the support on my insanity (or is it stupidity?)  Sick people like me need all the help I can get.

BJW, I first saw 'Gus' over in the MCI Yahoo Group photos area some time ago and have been meaning to tell you that even without the slides it is I believe *the* purtiest MCI conversion I believe I've ever seen.

I'm glad you posted over here to give me us further inspiration. Mine still looks about like your 'before' pics! Smiley
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2006, 01:30:25 PM »

and BJW, tell us all about the caps/roofwork. Handmade?
BJW

Always Follow Your Dream!!!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2006, 02:34:28 PM »

and BJW, tell us all about the caps/roofwork. Handmade?

Hey Chuck,

Thank you so much for your compliments.  It's taken me almost three years to get Gus to this point, but hope to be done within the year.  Well, as done as I need before I can start all the trick stuff.  It's sometimes a little tough when you're doing everything yourself, though.  Grin  I intend to be at this years BusnUSA rally in Rickreal, OR, if you want to see Gus in person.

The caps were custom done.  The base cap is a standard R&M cap that I modified to incorporate a downward blowing air tunnel/dam along the back to keep my rear wall clean.  I also incorporated a couple of docking lights and a camera in the upper center.  The sides are special corners that Richard at R&M made for me and I fit them to my application.  It hides the roof clutterand creates a more square look as well as gave me a place to inset my Girard Awning.  The awning retracts into the side of the bus instead of sitting on the outside of the bus.    The front is another R&M cap that I heavily modified incorporating four high volume "freight Train" horns.  There are also insets for two robotic spotlights that I will add later.   If there is any questions I can help with let me know.  I look forward to seeing your bus sometime.   

BJW
Gus the Bus
Federal Way, WA
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2006, 03:11:51 PM »

...as done as I need before I can start all the trick stuff.
OK, you're just funnin' me now. You haven't even started all the trick stuff? Hah. You funny.
BJW

Always Follow Your Dream!!!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2006, 03:29:51 PM »

OK, you're just funnin' me now. You haven't even started all the trick stuff? Hah. You funny.

I had to do a few trick things along the way, like no handles on the bay doors and digital entries for controling the locks.  My bus has no keyed acess.  Kind of like a shaver door on a hot rod, you can use a digital entry key pad or a remote keyfob.  I have some fun things I have laid out like an observation deck (the retractable lader is already installed in the roof), the robotic spot lights (holes are contoured in the front cap), entertainment bay with a BBQ and TV etc under the front pass slide, etc....My mind can't stop.......HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!  MMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!  AGH! Wink

BJW
Gus the Bus
Federal Way, WA
Dallas

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2006, 04:03:31 PM »

I had to do a few trick things along the way, like no handles on the bay doors and digital entries for controling the locks.  My bus has no keyed acess.  Kind of like a shaver door on a hot rod, you can use a digital entry key pad or a remote keyfob.  I have some fun things I have laid out like an observation deck (the retractable lader is already installed in the roof), the robotic spot lights (holes are contoured in the front cap), entertainment bay with a BBQ and TV etc under the front pass slide, etc....My mind can't stop.......HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!  MMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!  AGH! Wink

BJW,
Can you send or post pictures of the retractable ladder?
I've been trying to figure out how to do one on mine and another guys bus.
Dallas
PD4103-1085
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2006, 08:16:08 PM »

Here's a couple photos of the roof ladder I built. Haven't put steps on it yet, but I think it will work well. Might have the steps a little too close together, but should be ok. - craig

----

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
DC_Bus_Nut

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2006, 08:18:46 PM »

Yo Craig. Love the woman, love  the cats. They are breed named Balaneise. For usually being more fond of dogs, these cats are sweet. The one on top of the driver's seat, Cella, plays fetch. She literally fetches and returns the objects to us. I had to buy a bus because if I wanted Lori to travel with me, she has to take her cats. She likes Eastern European travel (yeah, like I want to have to bribe my way out of Russian airports) and I love the Uited States of America. So, Lori, the cats & I travel in the bus. I'd say that I am one hell of a salesman getting my New York City gal to travel in the rig.  
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 08:32:37 PM by DC_Bus_Nut » Logged
DC_Bus_Nut

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2006, 08:21:11 PM »

By the way BJ, love the Rig. I can't wait to see Gus out in Oregon. I'll be there!

Eric
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2006, 08:29:22 PM »

Craig, how large is that roof opening? Don't think I could get thru it.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Dallas

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2006, 08:33:32 PM »

Here's a couple photos of the roof ladder I built. Haven't put steps on it yet, but I think it will work well. Might have the steps a little too close together, but should be ok. - craig

Thanks, That's kind of what I had in mind
I read of an '04 that belonged to some executive years ago that had a spiral staircase installed.
I'll have to see if I can find the link on my wifes computer.
Dallas
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2006, 05:08:27 AM »

Richard,

It's the standard MC9 escape hatch. I just moved it forward into the hallway area. About 21 inches across and maybe 24 inches long. Would have to measure it to be sure.

You could use a boat hatch, though, with the same ladder idea. Ladder is custom to the hatch size and available space in the hallway. What's nice about the ladder, is that no matter how high my floor ended up being or the angle at which the ladder ended up sitting, the steps would always be level.  I set the steps a little close together. They should have been about 1 foot apart. I'm considering using a half tread step like you'd see in a mountain cabin loft.

Richard
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 05:16:06 AM by gumpy » Logged

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2006, 05:10:52 AM »

Thanks, That's kind of what I had in mind
I read of an '04 that belonged to some executive years ago that had a spiral staircase installed.
I'll have to see if I can find the link on my wifes computer.
Dallas

I remember seeing that, briefly, several years ago. Don't recall where, though. Seemed like a waste of space, though.

Now, if you could figure out how to make a spiral that folds or rotates so that it's flat or straight up and down in/next to the wall when it's not in use, that would be cool!

Hmm... will have to think about that some.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 05:13:47 AM by gumpy » Logged

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2006, 06:12:29 AM »

Richard,

It's the standard MC9 escape hatch. I just moved it forward into the hallway area. About 21 inches across and maybe 24 inches long. Would have to measure it to be sure.

You could use a boat hatch, though, with the same ladder idea. Ladder is custom to the hatch size and available space in the hallway. What's nice about the ladder, is that no matter how high my floor ended up being or the angle at which the ladder ended up sitting, the steps would always be level.  I set the steps a little close together. They should have been about 1 foot apart. I'm considering using a half tread step like you'd see in a mountain cabin loft.

Richard
Really looks great. Wish I had some of your skills.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2006, 07:00:20 PM »

HuhHuh

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print