Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 04:02:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: catskinner - about that Eagle bogie?!!!  (Read 2020 times)
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« on: May 02, 2006, 09:59:44 AM »

Just saw your fine Eagle picture posted  -

Is there a story behind that bogie?  It doesn't look like anything I've seen on an Eagle before.

Just curious!   Grin

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Catskinner!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 05:53:15 PM »

Phil

It is no longer a bogie, it a air lift tag axle.

I did lots of work to this old EAGLE. 

Removed every thing underneath and built new crossmember bulkheads, which i moved

to the forward location along with the torsilastics.  Installed a truck rearend, which i

flipped over backwards to eliminate the drop box and to install 2.93 gears.  Then installed

a 25000 lb. air lift tag axle in the back.  This is when i installed the 3406 CAT, with 740

Allison.  I have put 36000 miles on this combination without any problems other than

racing truckers up long hills, but it sure is fun to drive.

Catskinner!
Sonnie Gray
Pottsboro, Texas
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 08:43:03 PM »

Yipes!  That is amazing!!!  You could write a book on all that.  I'd buy a copy for sure!

Where is Pottsboro?  We bus down to Texas once per year to see the wife's family in Dallas, and sometimes San Angelo.

Best Regards, Phil

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 08:58:11 PM »

Catskinner I love what ya done to yer bus ! Also as a former chicken hauler I always said "Walk'n that DAWG , kick'n that CAT, an pass'n all them cummins' and detriots uphill's where it's at!" LOL" Whoop whoop, cluck cluck look out here comes a big ol' chicken truck!"
Now for those of you who ain't been around the truck'n industry a chicken truck is those big ol' shiney fast trucks you see out in the left lane 90% of the time with tons of chrome and loads of lights from end to end!
Daddy always said "Now son all that chrome won't get ya home!" and I always said "Dad yer right but at least I'll look good sit'n on the side of the road!" Whoop whoop!
Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Knuckle Cool Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Catskinner!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 09:12:38 PM »

Phil

Pottsboro is about 80 miles north of Dallas, on the Texas/Oklahoma border.

Pottsboro is the gateway to Lake Texoma.

Sometime when you are coming to Texas, let me know and if we are here,

you would be more than welcome to come and visit, I have plenty of room,

we live about 7 miles out of Pottsboro out close to the lake.

Catskinner!
Sonnie Gray
Pottsboro, Texas
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 09:37:20 PM »

Thanks catskinner -

Is that up I35N then?  Sounds like the route we take.   This is good news.   Grin   Once the trip gets closer, I'll give a holler. 

Knuckle - you sure got a way with stories.   
Grin  Cheesy  Grin
Kind Regards, Phil

Catskinner!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 05:31:12 AM »

Phil

Pottsboro is off of 75, which is the Sherman/Genison area.

About 35 miles east of Gainesville, Texas across Hwy 82.

Catskinner!
Sonnie Gray
Pottsboro, Texas

Knuckle"

I will give you a call when we are in your part of the country

so you can look at my Cat and drool like an old Hound.

JUST KIDDING!
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 06:21:54 AM »

Knuckle,  I've noticed that a lot of those chicken trucks have moved to the right lane after filling with $3.00 diesel! Grin

Len Silva

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Hal

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 08:23:02 PM »

I guess not all Eagles are created the same. I got rid of my drop box (05 Eagle), turned the rear around in place and added a conventional center section, added 41/2' behind the drive axle 6" in front of the front door post, added a 20,000' air down spring up tag. 45' with the same 40' turning radius.  A 14 ltr Detroit with world trans (motor made 619 hp, 2000 ft lbs) keeps me in the left lane ANY time I like. Oh yes, been running since 1998 with 55,000+ miles. I guess some Detroits CAN run. LOL
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 08:46:21 PM »

Hi Hal,

Welcome to the board.  Smiley

Be sure to post a picture of your bus over on the first picture topic - she sounds like a beauty!

Best Regards,

Phil

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 07:53:54 AM »

I guess not all Eagles are created the same. I got rid of my drop box (05 Eagle), turned the rear around in place and added a conventional center section, added 41/2' behind the drive axle 6" in front of the front door post, added a 20,000' air down spring up tag. 45' with the same 40' turning radius. A 14 ltr Detroit with world trans (motor made 619 hp, 2000 ft lbs) keeps me in the left lane ANY time I like. Oh yes, been running since 1998 with 55,000+ miles. I guess some Detroits CAN run. LOL

Hal, thanks for chiming in. I tried to describe your magnificent vehicle somewhere else but could not remember all the details. 619 hp! WOW
Richard

BTW, when did you move to Albuquerque?

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: