Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 28, 2014, 10:16:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on KOA and their bus policy  (Read 2395 times)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« on: March 30, 2007, 05:38:45 AM »

I was finally able to speak with someone at the main office for KOA.  She stated that KOA does not have a policy against busses.  She said that since most KOA's are privately owned, it is up to the owner to set the rules as to what is allowed.  Any KOA does have the right to refuse any RV or bus that doesn't meet their standards.  She agreed with me that the owner waiting until after we paid before telling us we weren't wanted, was uncalled for.  She also felt it was wrong of him to blame HIS bias on KOA and therefore tell us a lie.  I felt I got good response from this lady.  She said she would contact the owner here and also, her supervisor will be contacting the area manager about this.  I told her that I had stated on this board about KOA's attitude and that he had already cost KOA some business.  This didn't set well so I am sure she will follow through.  I also told her that I would go on this board and set the record straight about the policy.  So, busses are allowed at KOA's as long as each owner doesn't mind.  Just don't plan on coming to this KOA unless you have a really, really nice bus.  Now, record set straight!!!!   Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 06:00:05 AM »

Cat,
   If ya'll move to a different location, please let us know.  We hope to be going through your area mid May and would like to stop and visit for a day or 2.  Jack
PS: Yes, we will have the cats with us!

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 08:54:44 AM »

She stated that KOA does not have a policy against busses.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Not long ago when I was out getting parts I stopped by a regional KOA with a photograph of my bus and asked if it would be welcomed. The Manager said, "Sure! How long do you want? A month?"

I breathed easier, as ya'll have made me paranoid! Wink
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 10:10:46 AM »

What are the current plans for a rally?

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 11:07:11 AM »

Jack, we will let you know where we end up. You better bring my "babies" so they can get some pettin' from their Aunt Cat.  Kyle, right now all plans are on hold.  We are waiting to see what happens with the auction of the campground.  If strangers get it, it will probably not be a campgound any more.  If Tom gets it, we will do all we can to get it turned into a really great place.  Right now, we are moving to a campground for a couple of weeks to be closer to my new job.  Hopefully, we will get to move back to Lake Honeydew by the end of April.  Cat

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 06:29:29 PM »

YEA TOM!!!!  Grin

Good luck yall!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
4104GA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 08:34:49 PM »

Cat   We hope  things work out ok for another rally there.  That is really a blast so we are waiting on the answer from you and dallas

Enjoy your ride
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 05:12:33 AM »

Here is a quick update on the campground sale. I have the money for purchase BUT, the present owner has divided it up into four parcels. I will have to buy all four to get the whole campground. That means I can buy the first three and somebody can run the last one out of sight price wise. I have tried to make a deal with the owner for the entire site with no success. The auctioneer has indicated he wants $10,000/acre and is expecting $40,000/acre. Those prices are way out of line for any realistic business model. I am still trying to negotiate with him. If there is any chance of success, I will be on site for the auction. If they continue to be totally unreasonable, we will have to find a new site.

One happy note, even if we go down & donít buy, we get a good bus trip and meet Dallas & Cat in person.  Smiley

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 06:34:30 AM »

Tom - there is a lot of farmland being sold by auction now.  What they generally do up here is auction the entire bundle first and then auction the individual packages separately.  Once the individual parcel auction is finished whichever way brings the higher return to the landowner is the way the sale is concluded.  Last week there was a sale here of 70+ parcels.  On that one they sold the parcels first.  Then they sold any combination of parcels.  So if you wanted parcels A, B & G you notified the auctioneer and they auctioned A, B & G as a package.  Then they sold the entire package.  The sale ended up going as one block.  If you can negotiate that sale order effectively you have a right of last refusal so it isn't very common to see that arrangement.  Regardless of the order, what you need to make clear to the auctioneer is that he loses a bidder unless you can in some manner bid on the entire parcel.  You are absolutely right, bidding on the individual parcels is a mug's game.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 10:24:25 AM »

Here is a quick update on the campground sale. I have the money for purchase BUT, the present owner has divided it up into four parcels. I will have to buy all four to get the whole campground. That means I can buy the first three and somebody can run the last one out of sight price wise. I have tried to make a deal with the owner for the entire site with no success. The auctioneer has indicated he wants $10,000/acre and is expecting $40,000/acre. Those prices are way out of line for any realistic business model. I am still trying to negotiate with him. If there is any chance of success, I will be on site for the auction. If they continue to be totally unreasonable, we will have to find a new site.

One happy note, even if we go down & don’t buy, we get a good bus trip and meet Dallas & Cat in person.  Smiley

Hay Tom,

What if we get alot of bus guy's together and show up for the auction. We could intimadate other buyers!
Maybe discourage who would be bidding against you....
Just a thought.
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 12:28:58 PM »

FYI - after talking to the Auction Co. - they indicate that the property will be sold by the acre and that the first 25 acres are ABSOLUTE - that is, if your the high bidder you can have up to 25 acres in combination of any of the 9 parcels - high bidders choice - HTH

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 05:44:00 PM »

This auction sounds like something on ebay/paypal.  Do you have to give them access to you bank account before they let you bid?
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 07:41:32 PM »

One happy note, even if we go down & donít buy, we get a good bus trip and meet Dallas & Cat in person.  Smiley

Hay Tom,

What if we get alot of bus guy's together and show up for the auction. We could intimadate other buyers!
Just a thought.
Nick-

You considiring a pipe to the knee there Nick Harding      Shocked Huh Cheesy

Kat, when we stayed at a the KOA on the Outerbanks a worKamper had a nice MC8 with a roof raise in mid-conversion.

Keep us posted where yall end up

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 07:54:45 PM »

Hi NewbeeMC9,

No, not at all...  Many auction regulars judge an auction by how many people show up.

Large crowds usually mean high prices! But we would only be having Tom bid.

Maybe an apponent would just move on instead of foolishly wasting his money.

Lie I said, Just a thought!  No clubs...lol

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007, 04:13:27 AM »

Awwww Nick.....I had my club all ready to go.   Actually, I think it would do better if the auctioneers felt that not many people were interested and that those that were, were not prepared to pay much.  I think that would catch them off guard and whoever they are hoping will win, won't be prepared to pay much.  That way maybe Tom could win.  If he doesn't win all of it, maybe he can make himself some money by purchasing some and if he doesn't get the whole thing, he can ask a huge amount for the part he gets.  Especially if he got a major part that the other person needs.  Cat

oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 06:38:39 PM »

Bob & Niles- I have gotten several different stories about how the parcels will be sold depending on who I talked to. I guess we will just have to see what happens auction day.

Nick- Intimidation doesn't sound too bad.... I'm just not sure what it would take to do that...... maybe pipes?   Grin Just kidding!

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 06:44:47 PM »

Good luck Tom.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
John E. Smith

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 09:58:35 AM »

Hay Tom,

Just a thought.
Nick-

That sounds good... I could dress up like James Dean, complete with the cigarette dangling and the motorcycle chain for a belt...  Think that would work?

John E. Smith
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: