Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 05:10:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11.1L-60 Series  (Read 1557 times)
windancer

Ignore
« on: May 02, 2006, 05:26:20 PM »

Anyone out there that has put an 11.1L Series 60 engine with a 9 speed transmission in an Eagle.  If so, what about the miter box?  Is there room to continue using it or not?  The electronics are all there and programed properly, so that's not a problem.  This unit has a nine spped transmission so that's not a problem as the bus now has a 5 speed in it  so all linkeages will work as well as the clutch. 

belfert

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 08:05:45 PM »

Why not a 12.7L iostead unless you have access to an 11.L?  I've been told the block is the same and that the connecting rods and pistons are the difference between the two.

My 11.1L is little doggy, but a plugged air intake doesn't help.  My next trip out will probably be better with no restriction.

Brian elfert
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 08:17:11 PM »

My 11.1L is little doggy, but a plugged air intake doesn't help.  My next trip out will probably be better with no restriction.

Brian elfert

Brian remember me telling you that the biggest problem Bobby said he ever had with his Dina's was the air intake becoming plugged and causing a loss of power due to air restriction? Also I'll bet that not only will you have more power, but also get better fuel mileage! By the way whatcha mean doggy? I thought that the power of that bus was what sold you on it? O well glad to see that yer getting things sorted out! I've been on the road alot lately and just saw yer e-mail last night that you sent last week. How did things go at C & J ? JD take good care of ya ? Just curious, and would like to know how they treated ya so we know about recommending them to others. I never have been to their facilaties before but they've been extremely helpful, and honest with parts and advice too me!
Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Knuckle Cool Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 08:19:04 PM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
belfert

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 04:50:52 AM »

Brian remember me telling you that the biggest problem Bobby said he ever had with his Dina's was the air intake becoming plugged and causing a loss of power due to air restriction? Also I'll bet that not only will you have more power, but also get better fuel mileage! By the way whatcha mean doggy? I thought that the power of that bus was what sold you on it? O well glad to see that yer getting things sorted out! I've been on the road alot lately and just saw yer e-mail last night that you sent last week. How did things go at C & J ? JD take good care of ya ? Just curious, and would like to know how they treated ya so we know about recommending them to others. I never have been to their facilaties before but they've been extremely helpful, and honest with parts and advice too me!

I expected the Series 60 would do a little better on the grades, but I expect it will be better with enough air feeding it.  It is fine on the flats.

I would have never had JD pull the rubber elbow on the air intake if you hadn't told me about the issue.  I tried to pull it myself, but gave up.  I didn't want to damage the rubber never having done it before.

JD and the guys at C&J have done a good job so far.  They won't actually do any repairs until next week as they have to order parts.  I have to go back over there today to drop off license plates so they can test drive it.

Brian Elfert

Brian Elfert
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 07:14:47 AM »

Brian, I'm just glad things are look'n up for ya! Evem though it was yer $ an yer bus it depressed me to see ya having so much trouble with it right off the bat. Especially after you did all yer homework, research, went and test drove it, had it checked out, and all that before buying it! I just couldn't beleive it when I saw the post on BNO about it overheating on you!  But hey nobody said it'd be easy or things would go smooothh right off the bat, but now that you got it figured out I think it'll still be a great bus for ya! By the way that intake wasn't completely stopped up yet, as when we found the problem on Bobby's it was sucking the pipes flat, and ripped a big ol' gash in the rubber elbow that Bobby swore up and down someone had cut it with a knife. That was until the nests were discovered! Gotta get to work! Later!
Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Knuckle Cool Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
belfert

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 07:38:55 AM »

It sure looked completely plugged from the quick look at it over at C&J the other day.  The aluminum pipes have no damage as that is something I paid attention to when I was looking at the bus before purchase.  It does have to get air from somewhere.

Brian Elfert
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: