Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 06:31:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vinyl air conditioner covers for over shrouds? where to get  (Read 1059 times)
kbunnystarr

Ignore
« on: April 02, 2007, 10:22:19 AM »

hi  Grin Grin i got the new shrouds for my air conditioners i have 2 super mach coleman roof airs.......i am looking for vinyl covers to put over them any leads on where? cant seem to find any, i thought they would be everywhere, maybe im calling them the wrong name or something.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 10:55:55 AM »

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/products/index.cfm/Outdoor-and-RV-Accessories/RV-Maintenance/Covers--Garages/ADCO-Air-Conditioner-Cover/deptID=3:subOf=8:prodID=1642:src=TSC
>
You can not travel with these on, they will shred.
at least mine did.

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
kbunnystarr

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 01:39:21 PM »

Cheesy  great!  got an order placed.........finally for these.thanx!

kbunnystarr

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 01:40:25 PM »

???have other people had this shredding problem?  i thought they were for protecting while sitting and driving as well>?>?>

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 02:39:30 PM »

My understanding is that they are only for use while parked.  Perhaps someone else can enlighten both of us.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
kbunnystarr

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 06:15:58 PM »

Smiley  yes, that would be cool if someone knows FORSURE.ive seen people driving with them on, but that doesnt mean they are right.........or maybe a stronger version.?>

Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 05:40:10 PM »

I know that many people live in places that the roof air is rarely used, But it seems such a waste of energy
to have to go take the covers off to get cool only to have to put them back on again.

And if you forget the cover is on you can damage the a/c unit.

If you forget the cover is on,
You will suddenly remember seeing it in the mirror shedding itself onto someones windshield or worse yet having the vinyl cover smacking someone on a motorcycle behind you.

For me when it's cold I have heat, when the sun comes up and it gets hot inside I turn on the A/C

Of course Florida weather is so screwy anyway, I just leave the a/c on and turn up the thermostat
and run the heat and hours later its back to a/c again. 50 at night and 100 in the daytime.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 05:45:28 PM by DrDave-Reloaded » Logged

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 05:03:37 AM »

When I said "for use only while parked", I meant during storage. If they cover the back of the AC, the air will not circulate through the condenser and the AC will not be able to eliminate the heat removed from the air.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 08:04:06 AM »

So having said all that, what earthly benefit are they, other than cosmetic? I know I went many many years with several different coaches without a cover and never noticed any ill effects. And I never had a drain stopped up as someone suggested. I reallly do not understand how trash could get into the drain of a rooftop unit.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
skipn

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 08:31:32 AM »

When I got my bus home only one of the AC's had a cover. It had been on so long that when I went to remove it it was like glued on. The fan on that
 AC wouldn't run and what I finally found was a hornets nest built onto the squirrel cage fan. Once I removed that the AC worked ok. The only advantage
 I can see for the cover is in the winter to keep some of the heat in. (less drafty). To get on top of the bus I had to put sponge rubber on the ladder so as not to mark up the paint job. It is not very much fun being on top of the bus to change covers on the AC. FWIW

Skip
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: