Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 02:54:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Front Bumper Bolts on Eagle 10  (Read 1147 times)
YeomansEagle

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2007, 06:41:07 PM »

Hi Guys

Just wondered if anyone knows what kind of tool to use to get the Square head bolts out of front bumper on Eagle model10. I've tried all my sockets and none will fit. Is there a special tool or am I missing something?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Leonard

Who the Son sets free is free indeed.
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 07:40:34 PM »

Leonard, Its a tire shop tool that takes off the inner Budd nuts on the duals.

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 04:58:44 AM »

It is a special socket. It has the six sided part like a normal socket for the outside nuts and a recessed square inside for the inside nuts. I know they are available in 3/4" and 1" drive, not sure about 1/2" drive. but, you will need at least a 3/4" drive to break them loose. Should be avaialble, but not cheap, at any Napa or big truck parts house.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 05:38:36 AM »

It is called an eight point socket, designed for four sided nuts. I have a complete set with 1/2 inch drive up to one inch I believe. I suspect you can buy a single socket at any auto parts store. (Standard sockets are either six point or twelve point).
Richard
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 05:52:06 AM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
bus05eagle

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 08:18:14 AM »

If you can find a 11/4 in square tube you can weld a short 1/2 in extenson on it thats the way i made mine
bus05eagle

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 08:31:14 AM »

I forgot to tell you it needs to be a 11/4 in od X1/4 in thick if you don,t want to weld a ext on it you can use a adjustable wrench i think you can buy the wrench from jefferson bus or Eagle Mfg already made
bus05eagle

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 08:52:24 AM »

i'll post one other way you can remove them and thats with a 15/16 12 point socket if they are not rounded
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 01:42:28 PM »

The problem with the Budd socket is the bumper bolt heads aren't in the air like the inside wheel lugs, so they don't reach the recessed part of the socket. I have a socket that is square and fits these bolts. Any good tool shop should be able to provide you with this socket. I am not at home at the moment and do not remember the size but they are available. I also use this socket for my inside duals because sometimes the Budd socket will slip off.
Tom Hamrick
1984 Eagle 10S

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: