Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 09:50:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where's Walker now? His buses on eBay again...  (Read 3819 times)
JerryH

« on: April 07, 2007, 07:41:15 PM »

So while surfing eBay tonight, I saw this eBay bus listing => http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MCI-Bus-Conversion-as-seen-on-Travel-Channel_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50056QQihZ005QQitemZ150109763292QQrdZ1

Refers you back to http://www.busconversion101.com which is (evidentally) a Sam Walker site.  I knew of his http://www.walkercoach.com site, which is once again back online.

Now the eBay listing says, "We are acting sales agents for the owner. 610-760-6300  Next Level Coaches, L.L.C."

Next Level Coaches, L.L.C. is registered  to the address  8281 Route 873, Slatington PA 18080 which happens to be the same address of Walker Coach.

So is Walker back online again simply operating under a different name?

Jerry H.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 03:16:14 AM »

Yep, the busconversion101 site even presents the bus being sold as being the one shown on the Travel Channel program "Super Bus Makeovers", which Walker's was.  I don't recall for certain, what was the final outcome of the court case against him?  I thought I remembered him losing the case.
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 10:37:09 AM »

Scam artist rises again!

I thought Sam was convicted, too. . .

Also, isn't there one of us fellow busnuts that was offering a disk to newbies titled Bus Conversions 101?  Maybe he's over on BNO. . .  He probably won't be too happy to see Walker using his domain (unless he failed to register it. . .)

FWIW. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
S13406 Now
Fresno CA
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 02:29:21 PM »

Hmmmm, wonder if selling this bus would violate any terms he might have had for his probation??? Cool  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
andy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 02:59:25 PM »

Who is Sam and what did he alledgedly do
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 04:41:16 PM »

I think that is Gary. He has not been around this board much because of the flames he got from one of our members.
Richard

Scam artist rises again!

I thought Sam was convicted, too. . .

Also, isn't there one of us fellow busnuts that was offering a disk to newbies titled Bus Conversions 101?  Maybe he's over on BNO. . .  He probably won't be too happy to see Walker using his domain (unless he failed to register it. . .)

FWIW. . .

Wink

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 04:47:33 PM »

Who is Sam and what did he alledgedly do

Hi Andy,

Sam Walker was the owner of Walker Coach in Slatington PA, He alledgedly, took hundreds of thousands of dollars deposits from potential conversion coach owners and never produced a finished product. He was on trial last year and was found guilty.....
So we will have to do some research to see if he is padding the eyes of future bus owners again.
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 07:55:51 PM »

Go here: http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/WebDocketSheets/CPMunicipalDocket.aspx?mode=cp

Make the Docket number look like CP-39-CR-2730-2005 and press search. That'll give you the court record of the whole legal process for Sam Walker.

Looks like he was originally sentenced to 4-8 years plus 2 years probabation, but was given some time to make restitution. Apparently he came up with the cash, so he was re-sentenced to 6-12 months plus 2 years probation. It said he was allowed to stay on bail for the appeal process, so it's not entirely clear if he's actually started his sentence yet.

At least that's what I got out of reading it -- I'm not legally trained.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 07:01:39 AM »

Note: I hate to resurrect an old thread but wanted to keep the background context with it.

Awww carp!  I was googling for something and Walker came up high in the results.  It looks like now he is fully back into the the coach conversion "business".  Selling, building, taking orders...  But now for the big question, has he learned that to be in business you have to deliver the finished goods as paid for???

I am certain he won't get a chance to rook anybody that has done their research, but unfortunately there are too many trusting people out there that see a pretty web site and think "professional business".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: