Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 11:18:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air operated Doors on Eagle 10  (Read 893 times)
YeomansEagle

Ignore
« on: April 08, 2007, 01:18:38 PM »

First of all let me say that this board and the people on it are awesome. You guys have really helped me out when I've called on you. Your knowledge, patients and ideas have been outstanding.
 Now another question for you. I have an Eagle Model 10 that is a work in progress. It still has the air operated doors (for now)and after several hours the air leaks down or it just runs out of air due to everyone opening and closing them. I seem to remember someone talking about putting a small 12 Volt compressor on the doors to keep them aired up. How much air pressure does this require to keep the doors operational and aired up. Do you have a particular brand or would any old 12 volt compressor work o.k.? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Leonard

Who the Son sets free is free indeed.
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 08:37:06 PM »

Good evening Leonard,

Any luck so far with this?

Here are a couple of links which may get you started on some Air compressor threads on this board:

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=437.0

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=267.0

Someone else may jump in with thoughts about the Eagle door.

Hope this helps,

Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 04:16:08 AM »

Leonard,

My personal opinion is, (and you'll pay what it's worth), that 12V compressors, unless they are higher end models like the ones that operate the airbag system on automobiles are just about worthless as well as being loud and short lived.

You may be better off buying a small 120V compressor, preferably with an oil filled crankcase to operate any accesories you need while the ngine is off.

If you are boondocking, the inverter or generator will run it and keep all of your air up so you could add an air leveling setup or air up tires as needed. You could also operate small (or not) air tools when needed.

The same goes with being hooked to a power pole.

The first thing I would do though is get out the spray bottle of soapy water and search for and repair all the minor air leaks you may have.

Dallas
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: