Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 25, 2014, 04:06:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windshield Removal/replacement Phoenix  (Read 1067 times)
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« on: April 12, 2007, 02:12:58 PM »

I need to remove my windshield, remove a couch and loveseat, add another couch and have the windsheild replaced.

Any reconmendations in the Phoenix area who could do this, cheap? Huh

Thanks for the help.... Smiley

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Rich (Prevost)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 07:19:02 AM »

I know that Desert West does a lot of Bus work...........Have been in Phoenix a long time...

Rich
rip

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 07:39:25 AM »

Bill; What kind of bus do you have.I have a Prevost and I they are easy to replace yourself.In fact I just had one delivered to my rv park where I am at. I am getting ready to leave soon,but if you are close maybe I could help.I am staying in Mesa.If you want it done,Desert West is a good place to go.They are located on south 7 st.
    Don
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 04:44:08 PM »

Don,

I have an MCI-9.   Was told by a local company that it would be $150.00, if the windshield broke, then "I" would have to buy another one.....  At this point I am thinking about takeing a saw and cutting up the love seat.....Then IT will fit through the door...... Grin

But, I'm listening....

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Dallas

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 05:06:17 PM »

Bill,

I got my futon and easy chair in the bus with no problem... I also got our 12cu ft house fridge in, although it was a real painful experience.... That's in a GMC PD4103  26" door width at most.
rip

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 06:08:25 PM »

Bill: It is possible to get some sofa's through the door.It sounds like yours mighy be on the large size. If you do end up taking out the window,it is very possible you can break it.I just bought mine from Prevost for $180.00.Like others have said,Prevost pays for the shipping on anything they sell.
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 05:59:53 PM »

I gave up on the windshield removal.   I took a saw saw to the love seat.  Now have two new bandaids,  Angry   but I won... The love seat is now removed...... Grin

Will try and attach photos.

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: