Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 20, 2014, 01:47:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best way to get Waste Tank out MCI  (Read 2766 times)
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 02:31:15 PM »

...you'll also notice how I mangled the top part of the chute - cursing with a prybar before I learned of the two hidden bolts!  Grin
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 04:02:32 PM »

Hi Chuck,

It seems that everyone at one point or another has to step into that "perverbial" pile of Dog Sh*t...... [with theese tanks!]

How come we always forget to tell the new commers about thoose two rear bolts? Hummmm....

I think it has something to do with the "Right of Passage" that everybody needs to expierence with their bus conversion.

Maybe I'm just thinking out loud. Lol.
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 04:53:31 PM »

It seems that everyone at one point or another has to step into that "perverbial" pile of Dog Sh*t...... [with theese tanks!]
YEAH, but it seems like I keep stepping in it on every single aspect of the conversion! LOL

If I ever get within even shouting distance of the quality of your conversion I might be finally be able to feel I ain't sluffin' through the sh*t any longer! Smiley

...until then, I remain, shufflin thru the youknowwhat...

Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 08:05:46 PM »

Well if that chute seperates from the tank that would be the answer. I spent the day going to Washugal WA to buy an old Kohler gen set fpr $150. Might work for a temp until such time as win the lottery and can afford opne of those diesel jobs.   Jerry

1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 07:18:45 AM »

In studying you pix Chuck I don't see any other than it may be a press and sealant connection? Could it be that you just beat the thing until it came loose from the tank. I can see a lot of energy went into mangling that chute. Jerry

ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 07:48:48 AM »

In studying you pix Chuck I don't see any other than it may be a press and sealant connection? Could it be that you just beat the thing until it came loose from the tank. I can see a lot of energy went into mangling that chute. Jerry

LOL, Jerry - Yeah, that was before I became a "craftsman". Yeah, right.

OK, not my proudest moment! Smiley

BTW, here's the thread on BNO from 2004 when I was asking the exact same question as you are now. You might find something in there... http://www.busnut.com/bbs/messages/233/5309.html?1076383948

JayJay had the all-time best advice: (much like Nick's above)
"Ron the Busnut has a toilet removal kit that is noisy, but effective. There are 4 sticks in the standard kit and 6 sticks in the heavy duty one. Fuse and caps are standard, but you can get the electric caps for only a few dollars more. UPS Haz-Mat shipping is a bit exorbitant though, but since USPS pussies won't take high deflagration explosives any more you don't have a choice. I've heard Luke or International Bus may have C-4 or Semtex, but that is only a rumor. Persistence is the only alternatiove to the above!!! ...JJ"

Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 03:09:39 PM »

OK Chuck that was the secret is to seperate the chute and the tank. just a burst on the air chisel and it cut the bolt intwo and released the band holding the two together..  Now what were you saying about the RR floor? is it posibile to remove that piece of SS ? Jerry

Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 03:30:05 PM »

Also what do others do with those air duct along the sides??   Jerry

ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 04:54:01 PM »

HipHip Hooray! You got it!

I didn't even have one of them fancy air chisels. Gee you take all the work out of it! Smiley

The floor is hiding another of those secrets...

There's a lip along the north edge that's under the plywood. Since I was one of those wimps who did not replace their whole floor, my way was to use a wood chisel and cut back the floor about an inch toward the 'north', starting where the alum. floor met the wood. The lip may extend around the side underneath, but I just don't remember about that. If so, you would need to trim that wood back as well.

Once that's done, some screws will be revealed which can be removed and the whole pan lifts out, if I remember right.

Hope that makes sense and let us know how it goes!

Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2007, 05:07:27 PM »

Hey I agree that the floor thats in there is solid and I don't see me taking out the floor to put down another. I try the air chisel on the wood and see what happens. Jerry

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: